TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Pretty cool:thumbup A long stroke semi-naked (or even MTS) version would rock:thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
That looks rather nice ... :hail

A good amalgam of 916, 999 and Desmoseidici :)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:drool

Definately looks better.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm glad they went back to a single sided swinger. Kind of a Ducati signature in my opinion. Right there with the dry clutch.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can someone post the pic can't get there from work:O

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
doesn't the TL have a 66mm stroke?

·
Registered
906 Posts
doesn't the TL have a 66mm stroke?
You're right actually. They had me fooled for that one. In the factory manual for the '97 TLS it actually says 60mm!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Wow, what a typo that would make the TL what? 905cc or so?

But given the 66mm stroke a 108mm bore would be a bit over 1200cc! I doubt there is room in the cylinders to be punched out that far or that the cases could handle it but.....

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I see cbr6, Triumph and ZX influences.. I hope that's just me..

i dont. that thing looks like a duck. i am glad to see the single side coming back as well. just as much as i am to see the side by side headlights. i love the current ducatis but those 2 over and under round lights made the front end ugly.

·
14,150 Posts
Wow, that would make the TLS what? 905cc or so?
And thus proves the long standing debate that the TLS is indeed slower than the R! :rotfl

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:tongue

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Wow, what a typo that would make the TL what? 905cc or so?

But given the 66mm stroke a 108mm bore would be a bit over 1200cc! I doubt there is room in the cylinders to be punched out that far or that the cases could handle it but.....
Here's what happens when ya bore to 106mm.

You have to weld up where the bore has gone through the water jacket to outside air.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Sorry guys its a nice bike, But I really do like the 749/999 style more than I ever did the 916/996. All great looking bikes but I really like the 999's style more than ANYTHING else out on the market currently. Everyone has their prefrence but the 999 had me from the 1st photo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts