TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while in the making, my new clutch cover is on its way, cant wait to fit it.
Just need the machined water pump cover next for my TRL cooler conversion then that side of the bike is done! TLMCCC1.jpg TLMCCC2.jpg

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
That's chunky :thumbup

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is different, its a big window, most of the aluminium has been machined away inside.

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Great work, it only took 15 years for someone else to make a cover with no external fasteners. (y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome. I have been looking for one for my TLR. I'd like to do black and red. I have the faster black and yellow tlr. A little more red needs to be added.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Ok

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
This forum gets weirder. Didn't mean to post that.
I was going to say how do you top up your oil with that clutch cover. No oil filler?

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Oil is added at another location.... For small amounts not that it used oil, oil could be added by removing one of the titanium inserts where there was an internal passage in the cover... but that is long ago (2005 iirc)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi TLDV8,

Thanks for the comments. The filler cap is a pain considering it is tapped by hand, I did not come up with any other way of placing it. Very clean lines on your cover.
Still waiting on my water pump cover, hope its soon, ill put up a couple of pictures when I get it.

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Hello 'TheAlchemist ... I think the other dude was asking about filler caps not me.......... I am just happy to see someone not doing the usual cookie cutter stuff.
My water pump cover , I just bead blasted and clear coated.

This place is like a morgue, where is everyone ? ......... When I click on the old crew most have not been here in months, years, a decade or more.

DSC02474 (Custom) (4).JPG

·
Registered
528 Posts
I know you've been on the 'Planet as well. It's even quieter there. I'm thankful that there are still guys like you and Tony around to help out and contribute. The older crew sure would be nice to see as well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a clue, could be a sign of the times!
I was late to this party, most have been on here for years and years like you said. Then again I had not been on here for a while, had other things on my mind.....possible lack of work being top of my list!
Hoping when all this world crap sorts itself out all goes back to as close as it was before!

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
I know you've been on the 'Planet as well. It's even quieter there. I'm thankful that there are still guys like you and Tony around to help out and contribute. The older crew sure would be nice to see as well.

Maybe a lot of them like me are in rest homes for the elderly.

1b.JPG

·
Moderator,
8,227 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts