TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These things are like rabbits..........

First (old faithfull, she will be in the stable forever)

Introduce a new stud:

And BAM!! Offspring:

OH wait, thats a Yamaha!! I guess she aint so faithfull :devious

This is my new commuter. Arent she purty! :D

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:hail

That's a hell of a stable you have there.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yeah that is a kick ass setup you got going on, i cant wait till my wife gets a 600rr next spring so i can call that my own too :)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
TLS + GSXR1000 = The mighty TLR:devious Yep, someone has been paying the field:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I have to confess, the GSXR's not mine. I'm babysitting it but I do have full riding authority and trust me I've taken full advantage of it. :devious

And yes, those are burnout marks on the garage floor. That nice slick surface just calls out to be run on :burnout

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Damn Jake,
Thought you got that GSXR & went to the "light" side. Yeah, I remember you saying something about bike sitting a few months back. Not a bad stable! I got a friend who rode her Harley softtail out to So. Cali from Buffalo this week & she needs a place to keep it "for a few months." Think I may find some room in the garage for her ride as she is starting to think this riding year round thing is really the way to live.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, the wifey parks in the garage so its pretty much a full house. Not to mention the other bikes would protest. I mean, come on! Thats like putting a donkey in a stable with a bunch of thoroughbreds. :laugh Sorry "Hardley" guys. (I mean Harley)

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Give me the scoop on your FZ-1 as I am considering it as my next bike. :hail

I see Dale Walker sells an EFI module and a slip on for it. :devious

http://www.holeshot.com/fz1/slipon_06.html

Dyno charts. Nice power :yumyum Look at the tuned bike's sweet torque curve. Looks like 8,000 rpm is the stepping off point to major fun thrust. That point comes in at 7K on the TLS, but the party sure goes on and on with that FZ. I like how the mods fill in the 7K dip.

http://www.holeshot.com/dynocharts/dyno_fz1_06.html

I've read about glitchy FI issues with the FZ (sounds familiar to a TLS owner) but seeing how my TLS has perfect response with a bit of tuning. I don't see why an FZ would be any different. 140 bhp in a sit up comfy sporty bike is just what the Dr. ordered for my long rides in the thin air of the CO Rockies :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks cool:thumbup I dig the FZ, but am put off that they shrunk the tank size on the new style ones:rant

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have delayed on posting because Im still breaking it in but so far its awesome. I've been pretty good about keeping it under 7000 rpm per the manual but man, it just wants to take off once it gets to that 7 mark. I have taken it to 9000 a couple times and it just flies. Hard to believe there is still another 3000 to go.

Handles awesome. I never really understood how the motards handled so well with the upright riding style but now it all makes sence. Only bad thing is ground clearance. Second ride out with only 40 mi on the ODO I drug the foot peg feeler all the way down a freeway offramp, and with several other trips up different canyons I find myself scraping my way up them. Left.......SCRAAAAP! Right........SCRAAAAP! repeat.
Oh well, nothing a set of aftermarket rearsets wont cure.

I'll keep you posted with further breakin results. :thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts