TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should not have done it but I did.

Now the problem is selling my ATV 300EX to replace the funds I used which I really did not have to begin with.

Anyways, It's a little big for Hunter right now who rides the auto pw80, but a much better bike. I think I'm going to sell the PW80. He will just have to get use to it.

Perfect for Kayla but I'm not sure I can get her to ride it.

It's a clutch 1 down, four up, and setup just like adult dirt are.

I'm going to get the pics now.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
My Julia has the same bike.

Tuning tip. Raise the needle one click for vastly improved response and quicker warm up. I had to do that, even here in thin air land.

Starts first kick and runs like a champ. Daddy likes doing wheelies on it around the neighborhood. :roost People wave and laugh :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pic will have to wait I can't find the camera.

Thanks,

Starts right up right now. Not a fast bike but I picked it up for $550.00

I thought that was a decent price. If Hunter is tall enough to ride it okay I plan to sell the PW80

·
5,503 Posts
Gratuitous riding with the kid on her 100 pic :)

The beauty of these things is they never depreciate. When your kids outgrow it, you can sell it for what you bought it for. It is the closest thing to a free motorcycle there is.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very true. Yep looks the same. Can't wait to show it to him tomorrow.

I'm not sure he saw it on the truck this AM or not.

·
5,503 Posts
$550 is a smokin' deal by the way. Usually they are more like $750 to $1,000.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That is a great deal for an XR/CRF100, perfect bike for the not-so-aggressive rider:thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's too short for it so he rode for awhile and did well. I have him drive towards me and I stop him. He's doing good on it but he's no where near the ground. :laugh

Alex is a little too short for it as well. Perfect for Kayla, but so far Hunter is the only one willing to get on it and ride.

My other two youngsters are still not jumping on. Hunter can really moved on the pw80. He's pretty quick on it. Anyways, the rear tire must have been low today. He spuned the rear wheel which ripped the valve stem right off. This of course led to his first crash on a bike. He was riding the Pw80 at the time. He's fine and the bike is fine besides the flat.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The pic will have to wait I can't find the camera.

Thanks,

Starts right up right now. Not a fast bike but I picked it up for $550.00

I thought that was a decent price. If Hunter is tall enough to ride it okay I plan to sell the PW80
WOW del thats a hell of a deal

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was racing Hunter on the Eton 90CC through the yard and I dumped it.

I scrapped my left arm on the surface but it's hardly noticeable, so I used this moment as a lesson. See Hunter, Daddy wrecks from time to time.

That's why you where a helmet. You never know.

Besides that it was a blast. I did notice though the bike needs some better braking. I'll have to look into that.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
The biggest bruise/scrape I ever got on a bike came from our TTR90. the pegs did a number on my unprotected shin :rant:coocoo

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OKay you guys are going to yell at me because of the gear thing. However, I'll post the pictures anyways.

I'm working on getting them full gear. These are just short little rides in the field and the yard.

Bike

Hunter riding the bike

Alex riding his ATV Eton90CC

Fat me riding the Honda 100R

Baby birds living under our back porch.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few more pics of the kids

Alex

Hunter and I

Hunter

·
5,503 Posts
Cool pics. Nice to have a yard to putt around in. Those bikes are so quiet too, nobody notices :devious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid

A pair of skateboard knee and elbow pads would save a ton of skin, perhaps more and the kids probably already have them.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is not a gear thread. Let's avoid that.

I've been riding since I was fifteen, now 41. The only time I gear up is when I'm serious about keeping up, and riding hard. I know the pitfalls both ways. Anything can happen at anytime.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Fair enough, but crashing hurts a whole lot less with gear (I've tried it both ways). Anyway, I was just suggesting it for the kids:)

·
5,503 Posts
Off topic thread jack alert. :D

The most painful moment I have ever experienced on a dirt bike did not involve a crash. I was at Buckeye Raceway in Ohio on my then new '79 RM125 in an MX race. I went over a jump and banged bars with some other guy racing for 9th place or whatever. This pushed me off the racing line and into the incredibly thick nicely turned over Ohio clay mud upon landing. It was like a dart hitting the dart board. Talk about sudden deceleration.

You know, that big plastic gas cap on your typical dirt bike does not feel too good when one's testicles are forcefully mashed into it :banghead. It is a wonder I was able to have kids after that little incident :devious From the way back machine - High School Graduation, 1980. I thought I was so cool back then. What a dork :lol

God, that freakin' lawn... Used to mow it with a push mower in the Ohio humidity. Built character and all that don't ya know...

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
That looks a really tidy 'bike for the $$$............... nice buy Del' :thumbup

Dirt-bikes................... hell! Wish I could ride one again :bawling

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know Josh and you're right as well. Thanks for being concern. I gear them up with skateboard pads from time to time on most rides but not always around the house.

We need to work on that. A designated spot for all bike related gear. I think they would wear it more if we knew where it was when we wanted to ride. I too need to set a better example.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts