TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow Zone members...i have a bike related question but its not for a tls or r...but a fellow twin...my cousin has a 2003 rc51 that he has replaced the rectifier (OEM) and stator (aftermarket unsure of brand)...he also just put on a fender eliminator that seals in the rectifier so it is getting very hot...he has since drilled small holes near and around the rectifier to create air flow but it is still running hot...he is now thinking of relocating the rectifier to a more open air position on the bike or install a small fan...:banghead:banghead

question: has anyone had this problem? has anyone relocated their rectifier? and if so, where did you relocate the rectifier? (please include pics if possible)

thanks in advance...any helpful advice will be appreciated...:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I've seen one at the base of the subframe - on the undertray - facing the rear wheel..

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
or go to your local computer shop and get a fan from an AMD processor.
cable tie it on.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fellas...thats why i love this site...he's gonna relocate the rectifier to solve the problem...:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks, fellas ! tyis is Tiller13's cousin mr.raidermann i appreciate the threads. Igoing to try relocation and yam r/r ! thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.