TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a little help with a problem I’m having with my TLS. I had the bike in the shop for a good part of spring so far and when I got it back they told me the seat lock would no longer disengage. So basically I’m stuck with a seat that can’t come off. I need to figure out a simple way to get the seat off or find a way to fix the problem. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
sorry not had that problem before, is it the locking mech , if not you might be able to just pull the cable manually, is it the rider seat or the pillion. ? poss spray some wd40 via a nozzle into the catch. maybe a turn the key and crowbar case. sound like cable snapped though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Is it possible to get to the 'Bits " from the pillion gap .Or ,will the tail piece (both sides joined together ) come off the rear letting you gain access to the locking bit .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill have to check tonight, im assuming if i can get into the gap i can just pull the black tube and it will release. correct?

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Press down on the rear of the rider seat and see if that will help,

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
And you need the seat off to do that

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Arnt we saying the rider seat is stuck .If so ,isn't the rear cowl held on by 4 screw in the pillion area and two underneath ? I'm tempted to go and try but its one in the morning hear .

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
True,
Providing its only the front seat catch that's a problem
If it's the key mechanism he'll not be able to get the rear seat off
Fingers crossed though,
Wd40 and the straw is a friend

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had the exact same problem not that long ago. If you have the pillion seat on (rather than the hump) then this is what I did:

Grab the very back of the pillion seat and pull as hard as you can, on doing this you should be able to see a little bit into the rear compartment. At this point, whilst still holding, get a large flat blade screwdriver (or similar) and push in onto where the plastic lug on the underside of the seat latches under that thin metal bar. It'll be a bit hard, especially whilst you're holding the seat; but whilst holding the seat back this will actually help pull that lug back and with the help of the screwdriver, the whole thing should just 'pop' backwards and out. Hope that makes sense.

Oh you'll also need to undo the gold bolts towards the front of the seat on the underside as I think this removes the plate where the locking mechanism engages. This can be done whilst holding it back hard though. I'd have to double check that.

You can then lube up/repair your cable latch :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts