1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Be careful what you wish for:coocoo

Recognize the neighborhood Mr. Hobbs?

It's not every day you see a big tree floating down the river...roots and all

The river hasn't even crested yet and it's not expected to crest until Friday so the water level has yet to rise!!! The E.B.S. has called for mandatory evacuations for several towns not because they're being flooded but because levee systems were just built and they've never been tested to withstand something of this magnitude. I sure hope they work or else we could be in deep shit...literally.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
thank god it has stopped rainning there was lots of standing water and accidents..but we where so low on water here there wasnt much river and creek floods but alot of road flooding and storm drains that backed up river did look pretty cool more like a raging river then like a creek :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid

A bunch of parking garages in DC flooded, pics of limo's under water:lol Many streets in DC and peoples houses also flooded a bit too, power was out on monday for most of arlington/alexandria/dc and probably parts of md.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I've got an inch and a half wide crack running through my back yard it's so damn dry. :banghead

I remember here in Dallas about five or six years ago, we were in the middle of a drought and one of the fiber installers downtown ruptured a water main. They had flooding in the middle of the drought. Yup, flooded underground parking garages. Some guy had a classic restored Stang parked down there. Sucked to be him.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lucky me ... i got a perm. job with FEMA now so when shit like this happens and it's declared a disaster area .. i get called up to go .. sucks cause i can't ride the tiller but i just keep telling myself that it's all about the money and everything i can give here when i get home ...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
All the best Madkaw :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
:eek We could have done with some of that.

Looks like you got a shit load.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i saw those pictures on a news website from lancaster county...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good news...the levees did their job and the river levels are starting to drop. Now it's just a matter of cleaning up the streets and all will be good.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey if you need somewhere to park your bike bring it to GA, I will keep it up for ya!!! :devious :devious :devious

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
So you guys are not going to have to go to the nearest stadium or dome and wait for the govt to save your asses. Are there people looting and shooting at authorities yet....I bet not.

Seriously though, I am glad the water is going down, VA got pretty lucky too, and so did I as it seems like anytime this happens I am travelling and not at home. Same thing happened when Gastone camethrough and flooded everything, I was on the road.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Davcruz said:
So you guys are not going to have to go to the nearest stadium or dome and wait for the govt to save your asses. Are there people looting and shooting at authorities yet....I bet not.
this is no katrina no if they where below sea level and levee system didnt hold im sure there would be some issues..its pistolvannia and another commonwealth state im sure everyone is packing heat like here in VA and texas

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The point Dave was making (I think) is that the most regrettable part of the whole Katrina ordeal was not strictly due to natural causes, but the people involved, their selfish, lazy irresponsible behavior and their expectation - even demand that others should bear the cost of their choices (not all of course, but an alarming number).

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
http://www.gnocdc.org/orleans/index.html

Theres your link to the low level crack head ****ing bottom feeders you got to watch on TV. Where buying 2 packs of newports and a bottle of MD 20/20 and cisco was their hurricain plan. The life of none working take care of me goverment welfair collectors. Im black you used us as slaves attitude still resides.

http://www.gnocdc.org/orleans/7/16/snapshot.html

188,365 low income apartments in the downtown area in walking distance to the superdome. 30.6% make less than $14,000 a year out of 188,365 units. You figure 2-3 per unit and you have close to 300,000 in the low income housing. Thats 91,800 that seem to think they deserve goverment help because their unable to work, but are fully capable of killing you over a cigarette.

I grew up down there and feel no compassion for those ****ing leaches. Most of which are 19-35 years old and not a damn thing wrong with them, except laziness.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts