TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I like to contact Bouncer.... I'm involve on a top joke handlebar conversion and before to cut the windscreen and fairings I will liike to see some pics of the mod already done on another bike. I like a lot the Bouncer bike fairing. If is possible could you post or email me some close up pics of the top fairings?.... Thanks friend :)

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Not Renthall's, but:

:)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks moose. what about a pic where the inside part of the fairings are cut. And wich tool did you use to do the job, I'm thnking to use a dremel or something similar...

I love you bike moose... It was my inspiration before decide to go for the handlebar conversion....

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
...........I love you bike moose... It was my inspiration before decide to go for the handlebar conversion....
:blush

I covered the "cut" area with masking tape, and drew the line of cut that I thought looked neatest. Then took it all apart and set too with my dremel ..... :dowhat Once cut, it was out with some fine "wet and dry" to smooth down the edges, and hey presto ! :) When I did it 4 years ago, I intended to get it painted shortly after .......... (though to be honest, all you need is a touch up pen if you are careful :devious )

Does this show the cut point better :O

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Moose. That's exactly the info I wanted to do the job with a bit more of confidence. Pics are perfect. I'll let you know the final results soon cos I expect to do the job this weekend....

Thanks friend :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
:blush

I covered the "cut" area with masking tape, and drew the line of cut that I thought looked neatest. Then took it all apart and set too with my dremel ..... :dowhat Once cut, it was out with some fine "wet and dry" to smooth down the edges, and hey presto ! :) When I did it 4 years ago, I intended to get it painted shortly after .......... (though to be honest, all you need is a touch up pen if you are careful :devious )

Does this show the cut point better :O

Hi Moose Once again you're bike is a source of inspiration!
I have a couple of questions.

1. What did you do about the brake resivor mount?
2. How does the bike handle without the damper? (any slappers or do the wide bars compensate)
3. What size riser and why?
4. Can you get away with a lower riser and retain the stock length brake line and clutch cable?

Thanks again for your help and inspiration.

Jicki

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Hi Moose Once again you're bike is a source of inspiration!
I have a couple of questions.

1. What did you do about the brake resivor mount?
2. How does the bike handle without the damper? (any slappers or do the wide bars compensate)
3. What size riser and why?
4. Can you get away with a lower riser and retain the stock length brake line and clutch cable?

Thanks again for your help and inspiration.

Jicki
1. I modified and re-used the original bracket, not the prettiest, but does the job. Sorry I don't have a better pic to hand. A Vandriver reservoir would solved the problem?
2. Whilst I ran it for a while like that, and had no "shaky" problems, I actually have a Hyperpro 916 style damper.
3. 'twas 50mm riser, but i cut it down so that with the forks raised 5mm in the yokes the bars clear the top of the adjuster by about 5mm.
4. I had a longer clutch cable and "choke" cable made (the idle would rise on full lock as the cable tightened), but re-routed the OE throttle cable. The brake-line I had made to my length, as I changed from stock to HEL lines at that time anyway. I doubt a stock brake-line would be re-usable (even those fitting heli-bars run into problems there). If you look at TL-Exup's posts, I think there is a yamaha cable that can be used for the clutch.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I removed the choke cable as it's only a fast idle and not needed. I have the same brake line that fits as do the throttle cables (although I only have one). I rerouted the clutch cable to the most obvious place (trial and error). A dremel was used to cut the fairing and I have a small alloy brake reservoir that I got from the streetfighter store. I don't know the size of the risers but they were straight and not angled.

It was trial and error with the bars to see if they would hit the fairing. I took the damper off and never replaced it. It was lively but I never had any seriously scary moments and I'm not slow.

The end result looked very much like Moose's.

HTH.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I removed the choke cable as it's only a fast idle and not needed. I have the same brake line that fits as do the throttle cables (although I only have one). I rerouted the clutch cable to the most obvious place (trial and error). A dremel was used to cut the fairing and I have a small alloy brake reservoir that I got from the streetfighter store. I don't know the size of the risers but they were straight and not angled.

It was trial and error with the bars to see if they would hit the fairing. I took the damper off and never replaced it. It was lively but I never had any seriously scary moments and I'm not slow.

The end result looked very much like Moose's.

HTH.

didn't hitting that car scare you then Adria:confused

1 - 9 of 9 Posts