TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 97tls about a year ago. I new the seat was loose and the tank was bend. But I figured I buy a new tank and problem fix. But now I see there’s a bigger problem it doesn’t line up, so I removed the rear brake we’re the tank bolts up and the seat goes in and the holes off the bracket don’t line up with the frame. So is the frame bend or the bracket bend or the wrong one???? Please someone can help me

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
P1010013 (2).JPG

Personally, I think somebody has modded the bracket and that's the source of your problems.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Take the bracket off and post a pic of the underside of the bracket.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Firstly, fill out your profile page so we can see where in the world you are.
There may be someone close who can help you.

As to your problem, I don't think you have a problem.

Remember these are production models not precision engineered items.

It looks like you are missing the spacer to go inside the rubbers at the front of the tank..............

Get those, fabricate those or something and fit the front of the tank to the bike firm but not tight.

The bracket at the back of the tank is often just out of alignment like yours.
But your bracket is a little beaten up! Maybe if you can change it it might help.................someone may have removed some of the metalwork that held some other parts and moved those parts elsewhere on the bike.

But anyway, with the front secured just push against the bracket to align one hole at a time and do them up finger tight one bolt at a time then give them a final tighten down, not too much! .................................. you should be ok.....

Then in the future if you need to lift your tank you only need to remove the bolts at the front then remember to loosen the long bolt going through the rubbers at the back AND make a note that the tank will only come up so far before those little metal tags push against the bracket and put pressure on the welding against the bottom of the tank.

Have fun, show us some more pictures of your bike.............

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the guy I both it for had someone helped him put it together so I’m sure something was put together wrong. I have found something missing, not tightening properly, from the headlights to cluster to wiring harness. But I’m taking my time to going over everything before I go 120 again.. P.S I will post more pictures off the bracket, and the bushing are in the front in the tank holes they are painted just need the sleeves in the bushing. Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I took more pictures of the rear tank bracket. I’m looking for one any tips or those anyone have a good use one. And doesn’t matter if it’s a TLR or a TLS bracket? Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you and I’ll Kip you posted.. and I’ll post pictures. I’m getting the fairings plastics painted and a few new parts.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, guys I’m back, a big thank you for the help. I got a bracket but it came with out the the bracket that holds the vacuum peace. But I cut off the one from mine it was good and well it together. And it fit perfect and the seat and tank are perfect. This is a few thing I did and got for it. Thank you ones more for the help. PS. I’m in Ny city..

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Np. Looking good. Glad it worked out. Both the TL forums are a good place to hang out, search, ask and learn.
If you do the pair mod down the road you can loose that vacuum canister.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it is. Glad I found this sited. I’ll post the rest of pictures wen I put it all back together. Thanks ones more.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumbup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts