TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have decent images of a properly routed wire harness for the TLR, specifically the front portion? In the past I have just zip tied everything as best I could, but after seeing how tidy it looks in the user manual I would like to mount it properly. I did spend some time analyzing the two page diagram, but the drawing doesn't seem to align properly with the physical dimensions of the loom. In this case, an image really would be worth a thousand words.

Note: I will get some images up here shortly in order to better clarify the situation.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As you can see, the loom is a lot longer than what is portrayed in the diagram. Granted the angle of the drawing could be making it look deceptively shorter in appearance, which is why I'm looking for decent images showing how it's mounted.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Josh,

I believe the dangling wires mount to the fairings...

Don't the R as well but I'm pretty sure of that. Keeps them away from the forks.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... I believe the dangling wires mount to the fairings...
The left fairing does have a single mounting point for the loom, but that would still leave a lot of wire dangling. I'm thinking that the diagrams are showing a much cleaner scenario than is actually possible. Or, more to the point, the diagrams are not an accurate representation of the finished product.

Note: Before anyone asks... Yes, I will be covering the loom before mounting it :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
The wiring need to have enough slack to have the steering move left to right without binding or over stretching. The wire you are showing need to go down and then mount to the back of the light assembly then across to the left of the turn signal housing cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts