Votes: 1 6.7%
  • get a new jap cruiser and mod it up

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so i just found out my wife is preggers again :banghead :cheers :banana ... so now that is one 13 mo old daughter (cutie pie) and one in the oven... since my daughter was born i rarely ride anymore. don't get me wrong i love riding, just absolutely love getting on a quiet country road and hitting it. all that power and torque it is hard not to pull a wheelie, or get a knee down on an on corner or on/off-ramp, or hit triple digits...ecstacy :laugh so basically i have been avoiding the temptation. anyway, i am thinking of just turning the tlr into a track only bike. i've had it since new and have some sentimental attachment to it... and then getting a slow bike to putz around town on here and there.... maybe cafe style, maybe dragstyle, i dunno... but whoud defintely like to stay non-harley... what bikes do you guys think would be good to putz around on with the wifey on the back occasionaly, and i really have to stay away from bikes that will get me into serious trouble (no self displine when it comes to the throttle hand :uhoh ? just to put it into perspective... i make good money and am the sole provider right now.... talk about pressure...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I voted to track the tiller. I've got a similar scenario as you. Ever since my first daughter was born 2 1/2 years ago I kinda lost the urge to go out and ride the street but I didn't want to give up motorcycles. Then in July my second daughter was born. I was ready to give up riding altogether at that point. But then I decided, before I quit riding I would like to try a trackday. So I did and now I have decided to get off the street and strictly do trackdays from now on. To me it's much safer because it's a controlled environment. Plus now I could plan my schedule and have someone watch my kids while I go out and do the track.

If I should decide to get back on the street it will probably be on a cruiser of some kind.

Now I'm trying to sell my TLR so I could invest in a 600cc in-line 4 track bike only.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
i voted track it, but don't b a woose! ride it on the street but behave!:coocoo

·
Registered
79 Posts
I too lack all throttle discipline, so I bought a Ducati Monster S2R for the street and my TLR is track only now. With only around 80 horsepower and fantastic handling (good leverage from the Magura handlebars) I can ride it hard and not have to be at ludicrus speed to have fun. Plus, it's OK the putt around town on. The result is no tickets in the 18 months I've owned it.

When shopping for a new streetbike, I also considered the Triumph Thruxton but decided on the Monster because it seemed more "me" and my wife likes the Monster better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
madkaw said:
I voted to track the tiller. I've got a similar scenario as you. Ever since my first daughter was born 2 1/2 years ago I kinda lost the urge to go out and ride the street but I didn't want to give up motorcycles. Then in July my second daughter was born. I was ready to give up riding altogether at that point. But then I decided, before I quit riding I would like to try a trackday. So I did and now I have decided to get off the street and strictly do trackdays from now on. To me it's much safer because it's a controlled environment. Plus now I could plan my schedule and have someone watch my kids while I go out and do the track.

If I should decide to get back on the street it will probably be on a cruiser of some kind.

Now I'm trying to sell my TLR so I could invest in a 600cc in-line 4 track bike only.
+1 (except for the cruiser part)

Once you go track you'll never go back:)

I rode 28k last year on the street, this year I'm lucky if I did 1500. You may find that once you get to the track your street desire will slowly disappear.

I went to one trackday last April to "check it out" and that snowballed into 2-4 days a month.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies! yeah, i think i'm leaning towards tracking the tlr... just can't seem to get myself to think about selling it.. my wife has been pretty good, i know she worries about me riding... but she has never asked me to stop. :)

vandriver: i'm still in for the sprocket cover! when you get enough people... :) edit: oops, i guess i should have checked my PM box... lol.. i sent you a pm

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Don't get a BMW K1200LT. Nice two-up, but you'll end up hating the weight, and realizing he home entertainement system belongs at home. The clutch sucks.

Consider the new transverse-four BMWs though.

Believe it or not, the Burgman scooter embodies most of the reasons I got into motorcycling in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts