TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the same question on TLP;

Hi,
I have a nagging question that I will be able to answer myself if someone who has access to the exhaust ports will kindly give me a precise measurement (in milimiters).
Thanks.

$_3 (4).jpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
As above - The inside exhaust port edge diameter is 43 mm. Measured off a spare motor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.

Now if this is the available flow, then I'm afraid the rear spigot causes a restriction !

There is a ring of weld that's right at the opening that measures 40mm ! ( I hate ignored details like that ).

Now this could be easily removed if we had easy access, like not having to lower the engine....

Let me take a picture, I have a spare one on hand;

20190602_195840.jpg

This should have been welded on the outside !

I hate taking the time and energy and money to put high performance headers knowing there's that shit !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Now if this is the available flow, then I'm afraid the rear spigot causes a restriction !

There is a ring of weld that's right at the opening that measures 40mm ! ( I hate ignored details like that ).

Now this could be easily removed if we had easy access, like not having to lower the engine....

Let me take a picture, I have a spare one on hand;

View attachment 59306

This should have been welded on the outside !

I hate taking the time and energy and money to put high performance headers knowing there's that shit !
I am with you on this one, I attacked mine with a die grinder to totally remove that weld a long time ago, and it hasn't cracked or fallen off. I haven't had the means to test the performance or possible temp drop in the rear cylinder, but it sure makes me feel good about.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am with you on this one, I attacked mine with a die grinder to totally remove that weld a long time ago, and it hasn't cracked or fallen off. I haven't had the means to test the performance or possible temp drop in the rear cylinder, but it sure makes me feel good about.
Good for you.

Yeah I was wondering if I should leave a little welding on or not, regardless, if you grind to where it's equal to the pipe there should be enuf left.

I should have exhamined mine a long time ago, it was always a question mark but I did not think it was that kind of problem with it.
More like smaller diameter problem... not a stupid bad manufacturing decision !
I left it alone thinking there was nothing you can do anyway..

Now its a splinter on my mind !

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to make this tread complete;

I did manage to fix the spigot with a die grinder, and installed it along with new M4 pipes.
I can't produce calculated results, (someday maybe) but it works great and it makes me feel good that I did the best I can.
Here is a pic for good measure;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts