TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and did the diving course the other day, and now it's come time to buy some gear and go try not to drown. Only problem is the prices here are out of control. eg entry level regulator, gauge and computer is over $1000 US. Hell, a half decent pair of fins cost me 125 US. Stupid.

So naturally I'm thinking "buy it from the states and get it sent over". What I'm looking for is a hand from someone who dives... just need to order it and get you to check that they sent all the right bits, then send it to me. I would be super appreciative and send you a xmas card with a picture of me upside down being smashed against the rocks wearing it all. Or some bucks for your time, whichever you prefer. I'm probably just looking at a regulator, gauge, compass, computer and maybe a BC.

Of course if we have any super knowledgable divers here I could use a little advice like "don't buy that, it's overpriced and crap - buy this instead".

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:megaphone paging TLFreak

·
Premium Member
29,860 Posts
The Freak worked in a dive shop but left. No doubt he has contacts though.

I can't help you with the gear, but wouldn't mind seeing the picture you're offering :laugh

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
sorry ive been out of town..... i have some gear myself that im looking to get rid of......

i have contacts and can get you any gear you want that is scubapro and aqualung....i also can get you some damn good prices...

let me know...

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
some whoring for fun

\

·
Registered
795 Posts
As far as ideas of what to get, I was an instructor for years and can happily recommend the Scubapro Mk 10 or 15 first stage, G250 second stage, and Classic BC. I have two sets, each easily fifteen years old and both work as new with literally thousands of dives on them. I am also very happy with my Oceanic gauges. I switched to ForceFins years ago and never looked back, and use the Tusa Sapience computer. I went without a computer until a few years ago, and really appreciate the multi-dive planning compared to using "The Wheel". Put another way, when I was an instructor I got gear at cost and could try just about anything I wanted, and now that I have to pay retail, I would still get the same gear. One more thing, I got the same gear for my wife, whom I value more than my life, so take that endorsement as you will.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
scubapro is up to the mk25 first stage and a smaller version of the 250 called a s600 very sweetreg

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
+1 on ScubaPro G250. I used to use one of those and it worked well and was troublefree. What else can you ask of a regulator.

Unfortunately, living in Colorado, I don't go diving anymore. Well, not unless I go on vacation to some exoitic place. Went on a Cruise last year and dove in the Cayman Islands. One life dream checked off the list :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Hey Freak!! awsome piccies :hail :hail :hail Diving with Sharks is top of my wish-list..............I'd even go for a cage dive but open-water like yours? I am sssooooooooooo jealous!!

Out of curiosity, what "type" of Shark were they? Reef Sharks:O Worthy of any nature program I've seen featuring dives...................

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
yeah it was a mixure of sharks mostly caribbean reef sharks....and some white tips and some black tips...i stay away from great whites unless im in a cage....i have more pics i just dont post many, i have some amazing pics from my travels all over the world...i have some good one ill try and dig up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.