TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 TLS and broke a timing chain. the motor had the common knock/misfire until warmed up so I bought an 01 TLR streetfighter'd out to swap the needed motor/harness.

two issues. I don't have time to do it and I'd rather pay someone who KNOWS what they are getting into to do it. I would also be willing to come out and learn/help and be happy to buy dinner/beers or whatever is a fair price for the assistance.

I am a diesel mechanic and am pretty sure I could figure it out with guidance from this forum but I don't have the time or energy to do it that ay. please help me.

nine one nine, six three four, seven six eight nine. Jason

·
Registered
446 Posts
The way it was recomended to do mine was to use the TLS throttle bodies,rubber manifolds ,wireing and ECU. This makes it a simple bolt in job. When you have unbolted the TLR engine and the TLS you will find it easy to put the R engine in.
One thing to watch out for is the countersunk allen scews that hold on the rubber manifolds, they are secured with loctite and need a good fitting allen key/socket. It is easier than you think, I managed it and I ain't no mechanic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts