TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the name of this program? It was a special that I believe came on Discovery a couple of years ago. It was meant to show how crazy some sportbike riders are. But the majority of the program they showed this crew who all had TL's. They talked about how they remapped them, and preferred the TL's in the twisties because of the torque coming out of the curves. I realize now that this was my first sneek peek of the TL world. And I really want to have this in my DVR collection. Has anyone seen this? :confused

·
Registered
410 Posts
I vaguely do remember a thread on the Discovery program about a year ago, but for the life of me I can't remember much about it. It may have been before this site started and we were on the TLPlanet site. Wish I could help more.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for trying. I just want it because they were basically trying to prove that the TL was a superior sportbike for the twisties.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same one or not but there was one out last year on the Discovery Channel that featured several different types of riding, with a guy that had a TLS (Widowmaker). He talked about losing friends on the Angeles Crest Highway in So. Cal. If that's what you're talking about, I have a copy. "Speed Freaks" right?

·
Registered
528 Posts
"How it works" I think was the name of the show??? The host was Bill Goldberg or something, he used to be a pro wrestler. I THINK that episode was all about motorcycles, but I remember. It was sick to see some boys representing TL`S

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same one or not but there was one out last year on the Discovery Channel that featured several different types of riding, with a guy that had a TLS (Widowmaker). He talked about losing friends on the Angeles Crest Highway in So. Cal. If that's what you're talking about, I have a copy. "Speed Freaks" right?
That was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell me you can ship me a copy of it???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'll bring the popcorn !:)

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Can anyone suggest a program to convert the video to one that video google accepts? Apparently, I dubbed it as a .vob file and video google does not accept those types of files. Gotta convert it.:banghead

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Can anyone suggest a program to convert the video to one that video google accepts? Apparently, I dubbed it as a .vob file and video google does not accept those types of files. Gotta convert it.:banghead

Hey Aredubu... PM your email addy and I'll give a nice programe that does the job......

1 - 20 of 68 Posts