TLZone Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Who makes this swingarm, it´s so beutiful...

Who can make me one???

Lars

:cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Metmachex is an idea, I think I'm going to call Yosh in CA today to see if anyone there remembers Suzuki offering a race swing arm for the TLR. Not to say that what I've got is it, just curious.

That adjuster is pretty unique. Most I've seen aftermarket are usually square in shape with the slider block and all.

·
Super Mod,
3,567 Posts
If I recall the Yosh swinger or race TLR swinger actually didn't have any bracing! It looked like a normal TLS swinger for the most part but I image a lot stronger.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yep, I've confirmed with Doug Wells at Yosh (he had one of the original TLR race bikes back in the day!) that it isn't a Suzuki race unit. The race swing arm had no bracing.

I guess I'll shoot a pic to JMC and Metmachex in England to see if they can id it. I'm thinking Metmachex at this point. Odd that a bike here in Denver,Co would have a custom swing arm from the UK bolted on the back of it. What with logistics and currency conversion rates these days!!! Oh well still pretty cool that I picked up a parts bike for $300 that has an rear ohlins and the ??? custom swing arm. I'd say I've gotten my moneys worth out of the $300 purchase price, eh?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I guess they went for lightness or strength. Weight reduction on one our porkers would be key for racing. I wonder if I Doug at Yosh could weigh that thing to see what the difference is between a stocker and the race swinger. Obviously they did it for good reason!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Awesome, it took awhile but, finally I now know what it is! Still Thats a 446.81 GBP custom swing arm =$786 in USD. I guess somebody here in Colorado decided that they had to have one!

Thanks everyone for your help, this forum is invaluable for TL info!!!

:hail :)

·
Moderator,
8,225 Posts
I'll go $302. :lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone my name is Alex, and I am addicted to TL1000Rs!!! I've had several bikes; 03 R6, 04 Duc Monster, 90 Duc Paso 906, 78 Honda Cx500 cafe racer, 73 Yam XS chopper, 1937 BSA M20 500cc flathead single British military bike. Just to name a few of the more recent ones, But the TLR is always my favorite ride. There's just no substitute...

Fueling the addiction. I've got two TLRs one is a 01 the other a 98. The o1 was a theft recovery (plastics), which I bought at a local salvage auction, and have since rebuilt, somewhat. It's my daily ride, least when there's no snow on the roadways! The other bike is a 98, it's a burn victim that needs some help. But, for the low asking price of $300 I couldn't pass it up. The gauge (at least what was left of one!) shows 4763 miles, the engine turns over and I hope to have it back on the road in short order. AS you can tell I'm a rebuilder and take great pride in taking cast off/damaged parts and bikes rebuilding them and putting them back on the road in as good or better than they were!

Anyway, the 98 TLR has an Ohlins rear shock and a swing arm that I've never seen on a TLR (on the net or around town!). It's black and is top braced and boxed in. All the welds are excellent; the swing arm is not extended. I can't tell whether it was a something that Ohlins had sold with the shock or one of the coveted Factory Suzuki competition parts. I looked through the copy of the factory race manual that's up on jiffypark.com and it didn't have any pics of a race rear swing arm. Does anyone recognize this swing arm, any guess on value!?

:O :confused
Hi everyone my name is Alex, and I am addicted to TL1000Rs!!! I've had several bikes; 03 R6, 04 Duc Monster, 90 Duc Paso 906, 78 Honda Cx500 cafe racer, 73 Yam XS chopper, 1937 BSA M20 500cc flathead single British military bike. Just to name a few of the more recent ones, But the TLR is always my favorite ride. There's just no substitute...

Fueling the addiction. I've got two TLRs one is a 01 the other a 98. The o1 was a theft recovery (plastics), which I bought at a local salvage auction, and have since rebuilt, somewhat. It's my daily ride, least when there's no snow on the roadways! The other bike is a 98, it's a burn victim that needs some help. But, for the low asking price of $300 I couldn't pass it up. The gauge (at least what was left of one!) shows 4763 miles, the engine turns over and I hope to have it back on the road in short order. AS you can tell I'm a rebuilder and take great pride in taking cast off/damaged parts and bikes rebuilding them and putting them back on the road in as good or better than they were!

Anyway, the 98 TLR has an Ohlins rear shock and a swing arm that I've never seen on a TLR (on the net or around town!). It's black and is top braced and boxed in. All the welds are excellent; the swing arm is not extended. I can't tell whether it was a something that Ohlins had sold with the shock or one of the coveted Factory Suzuki competition parts. I looked through the copy of the factory race manual that's up on jiffypark.com and it didn't have any pics of a race rear swing arm. Does anyone recognize this swing arm, any guess on value!?

:O :confused
hi Alex you probably don’t have the TL1000R anymore but I know for a fact the swing arm that’s on it is a metmachex race swing arm, I know this because I’ve got the same arm on mine & yeah your right the welds are second to none, hope this puts ya mind at rest if you still own the bike.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts