TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very small oil leak. If I ride every day then there is no apparant leak. If i let the bike sit for a week, then it smokes like hell. The oil is dripping on the exhaust by where the U bend is directly under the case. I thought it might be the crankshaft access bolt cover that has been known to leak. I re teflon taped it, but i guess it didn't work or isn't leaking from threre. Phistration took a look and has no idea either where its coming from. BTW awsome job mounting the tire for me. Any ideas/common leaks in that area that I should look at? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
clutch pushrod seal??? very common

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would appear that it is coming from about 4 inches above where the shifter pedal bolts on. So my guess is that you are correct. Would you happen to know the part No# off hand?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'd guess it's coming out of the airbox. If you do wheelies or even get on her real hard, oil will blow into the airbox. once it settles there's a couple of spots for it to drain out and it usually ends up on the headers.

You can run your oil a little lower, that seems to help.

C

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, yeah the little power on wheelies and getting on it...yup. Phew... I thought i was going to have to drop the engine again. It has sat for 3 days or so and there is a puddle of oil under the bike that is continuing to grow... It appeared like the oil was coming from higher than the seal...I am going to take the fairings off tonight and see where its really truly coming from, its just pissing me off. Nice days out here and i can't take the project chick out for a spin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts