TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it apparently does not like its new home. I moved it over last night and it worked fine. I was unable to get the network adapter cable to connect. I ran the Xbox 360 test a few times and nothing. Thinking I had crimped my cable wrong I checked it with the handy dandy network tester. Looks good so it said but not working. .

Tried again the Xbox connected and downloaded an update. It appeared to be finish downloading and it seemed frozen. I waited...and turn it off. I turn it back on and nothing, no signal. :dunno
It was just working with the cable. I tried another cable and no signal. I tired different inputs and double checked the HTV switch on the cable. It was connected via an A/V cable nothing.

The good news, most units have a 90 day warranty but this is one of the original releases so it has a year warranty. I gave Xbox the serial number and they gave me a reference number and an addy to seen it off for repair.

They guy explained it’s a one time repair so once I get it back buy the extended warranty on it for $20.00 which covers the power supply, console, controllers, and hard-drive. WOW $20.00 no problem.

I'll send it off tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I just sent mine in due to a hardware failure (3 blinking red lights). Seems there are some glitches being worked out with this 1st generation. Also, they told me that I only had a 30 day warranty. Of course my XBOX died on the 31st day of ownership. They still covered it and fixed it for free. It was shipped back to me today.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luker call 1-800-4 my- XBOX and get the warranty. It's only $20.00 and if something goes wrong it will be covered.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
And get one of the cooling fans. I have a co-worker who sent his in under warranty for hardware failure only to have the same problem within a week of getting it back. Evidently MS didn't include enough air flow and the aftermarket has responded with cooling units. He got one and it's been running fine ever since.

This is something you definately need to consider Del with your new cabinet for your home entertainment center.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very true, I notice it was rather warm in the cabinet. I'm thinking about installing some computer fans behind the units and the TV for air flow. Might even cut some ventilation slots in the backing and the false back as well.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
mine was scratching disks when left on for 3 or 4 months :)
of course it a public machine in our common room but it in a locked, vented solid cabnet not being moved. it was on a solid level as well.. never had any of our other system score a disk like that.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Del.............you've probably worn yours out :laugh

·
14,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:laugh It's likely

I did a few numbers on the TL and mess it up a few times before selling.

I wore out my welcome at my job after five years. :dunno

I wore the van, it took two engines before I decided not to repair it.

My truck needs a tune-up it's a bit worn out along with our Jeep which I believe needs a transmission.

The wife claimed I wore her out too the other night. :lol

I guess it's possible.

I just shipped it it's on it's way to McAllen Texas for repair.

·
14,150 Posts
Oh, I was thinking you wore something else out being a DOB with all your pron.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
you're shipping the Wife to McAllen Texas :devious for repair?

you brute!! :laugh

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
is the x-box better than my Atari 2600?

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
INTELLIVISION Rulz All!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to call and get that warranty and start searching for coolers.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Game Spot has the coolers for 19.99 but Walmart might have them too.

·
14,150 Posts
Saw a whole rack of them at CUSA the other day on sale while I was getting my new ipod.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cusa? :dunno never heard of that store. What type of store is it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts