TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had to happen sooner or later I guess…

Wait… This has nothing to do with my TLS. :tongue

I was setting up the CRF50 for my son… er… yeah that’s what I was doing… since he was out with his grandparents. I was doing a few wheelies in the driveway (I have a fair sized driveway) when one came down a bit askew. It twisted me over to a fence on my left and my pinky got wedged between the bar and fence.

Not broken but it tore a bit of skin off. My wife recommended I stop being a dumbass and it would be better. :laugh

After an hour I got the throttle stop screw adjusted… Er… I had to test it out every ¼ turn… yeah, that’s it. The things I have to do in the name of safety for my son. It isn’t easy, but it has to be done. :lol

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Wives know nothing about this sort of thing. :devious Ahhhh, the sacrifices we must make as fathers...:laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:spit That's classic Burn! ATGATT goes for fiddy's too:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
How long have you been here?

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
:stupid

Not often you can call Steve Stupid :devious

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
My wife recommended I stop being a dumbass and it would be better
:lol

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Del, try using this one.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
When I smacked into my buddies Tahoe with the fiddy, I knew one thing, his wife hadn't gotten the video camera out, so nobody had a record of it. I was countersteering from a stoppie gone bad, who thought you would lock up a fiddy front wheel? Anyway, I ended up selling it as the "testing" was a bit painful at times and I really have no little kids to "prep" the bike for.

I feel your pain Burn..... :hail

G

·
I saw your title Burn and thought the worst. Glad to hear your relatively ok, other than the finger. Funny.....my wife has used that same piece of advice.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
My wife recommended I stop being a dumbass and it would be better. :laugh
Why does it seem that wives always have the correct perfect advice...AFTER the fact? :O

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Jasen, my wife gives me that advice early and often, yet I seem to only remember it after it is painfully obvious. :coocoo

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
heh burn funny! as it happens just this past weekend this guy that rides in a local group just got bit HARD by his fifty. What makes it funny is he is the worlds biggest stunt poser. He has an old cbr900rr all rigged up with a crash cage and 12 o clock bar ( that he borrowed my grinder to put rash on :laugh ) he got tired of people ragging him about being in it for show and having no skillz-which he doesnt. so he go himself a 50 and to his credit has finally learned to wheelie pretty well- on the fiddy, not his cbr. He brought the 50 out to the lot and was trying to show people that he could wheelie. in true squid style he had on shorts and no helmet. he came out of the wheelie and tried to do a stoppie and just flipped right over, face and mouth first onto the pavement. man it looks like he called mike tyson a bitch or something. serves his ass right. saw him this weekend and he was trying to tell someone that he got it stunting the cbr. a fookin riot. its people like THAT who make us look the worse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts