TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread a while back saying I thought I had damaged my TRE when installing my Bitubo:banghead. My starting problems were back, it didn't seem to have the initial 'snap' on opening throttle that it did before, and when I pulled the clutch in - whilst in neutral - there was no noticeable change in revs - which there should be with a 'hard-wired' TRE.

So, I dismantled the TRE, though I could see no particular problem with the connections, and the resister still had the specified resistence, according to my volt meter.

I assembled a new TRE, using new components - took less than 10 mins - total cost $0.35c:laugh. Bike starts easier, (though this could be a co-incidence - cos I also had my battery on the charger - I have a replacement battery coming next weekend), but when I pull the clutch in, in neutral, the only change is that the revs increase by a small amount:confused. I thought maybe I wired it wrong, but it's such a simple job - if you can tie your shoelaces and get your shoes on the right feet, then you can wire a simple TRE into a '97 TLS:dowhat.

Where is the best place to test the voltage of the gps/tre wire back to the ECU:?

My clutch is not bridged - I have to pull the lever to start the bike.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
IF revs change with clutch in, the TRE is working. Maybe you need some plugs? The battery could be at fault, but likely the TRE is indeed working. You are using a 15 kohm resistor? Go to SteveTLS's TRE page and read up. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:laugh Got the sPecs off Steve's pages to build mine before I joined TLZone. Yeup, she's 15KOHM. I thought the revs were sposed to DROP by a coupla hundred, not increase:O.

Plugs are good, TPS done, T/b's done last year; I get a new battery next coupla days - it may just a coincidence that the battery shit itself at the same time as I THOUGHT I damaged my TRE(battery's at least 6 years/30 000k's old; put down longevity to battery tender:)); still doesn't explain the revs goin up though; unless I have it arse-about-face:confused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts