TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got it home tonight and started stripping as much as I could off it. I've got a long road ahead but it will be fun to do this...I hope.

Warning...it doesn't look pretty right now but it'll be one helluva track whore when I get finished with it.

Here's what I took off so far

And here it is almost all stripped

The good news is it fires right up, no leaks, no stumble, nothing.

Now to start hunting down a front end for it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
lucky!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Hmmm...might I make a small teeny tiny suggestion?

New forks.

:lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
NO NO NO less rake better handling leave those on there. i'm sure the tech inspectors would get a kick out of them. J/K Nice score though.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
nah, just oil and clean the chain and you're good to go :thumbup

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I have to send a money order out to a guy for $690.00(shipped). That includes the race upper, race lower, superbike tail, GPR seat pad, all the fasteners, and EBC front brake pads(HH rated). The only thing I have to order to complete the fairings is the seat support. I'm going to look for a cheapo stock front fender on ebay. I also struck a deal with another member here for a set of Vortex rearsets and a Fox Racing shock for $500.00

I'm currently watching a set of forks with upper and lower triples on ebay that will be ending tonight. They are off an F4i but I'm sure they'll work with the F4 too. If worse comes to worst I'll have to get a front wheel and rotors to work with the forks but I don't think it will come to that. Right now the bid is at $141.00 plus $30.00 shipping. If I could get'em for $200.00 or less(shipped) I'll consider myself a lucky man.

Then it's off to a computrack.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a '99. Actually, the frame is a '99 but the motor is a 2000.

When I got the bike there was no key for it. So my buddy and I bypassed the ignition to get it running. It runs strong, thank God. Carbs could still stand a cleaning and I have to check the plugs. But that's a bit later. Right now I have to get the chassis moving.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Are those forks right-hand-turn optimized?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
You might want to check the cam chain tensioner while you have it stripped. I hear they go bad on these bikes quite often. I have a buddy with a 99 F4 and he needs to have his cam chain tensioner replaced now.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
cool project :thumbup

all thoose forks need is new springs and oil and they will be good to go :laugh

·
Registered
301 Posts
Awesome. You're moving right along on that project. I know you just bought some EBC pads but next time around you might try the HRC pads. They will make you feel like a superhero [BTW they are the same pads used on the RC51].

Let me see if I can dig out an old pic or two....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Your project is getting me pumped up. :fingerlol As soon as I finish up some of the projects I have going right now, I just might have to resurrect the ol' F4.
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts