TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! The sarga unfortunatly still continues.... (well at least i fixed me clutch anyway!)
whilst riding the tl it still cuts off (total loss of engine power) then comes back just as quick with a huge surge (quite violent).
i have checked: all connectors, sidestand switch removed/bypassed, spark plugs/leads, temp snsr stat housing modded, atmospheric pressure sndr input and output. tre has been removed.
Despite all this it still does it but i have narrowed it down to.. when outside air temp is cold- damp or raining it doesn't do it (runs as it should) when the suns out or outside temp is more than 15c or humid it plays up like hell!
Also, its been laid up a couple of weeks so i started it this morning, it really didn't want to go! it fired then cuts again as if its trying to "kick back" but when it did go, it seemed a bit flat (poor low down throttle response)
is it normal for there to be a second or two delay on cranking once the start button is pressed? (fuel rail primed as normal) all you get is the sound of the pump priming again

Any ideas please as i want to sell it because ive bought an 05 sv1000 ltd ed!:confused :banghead

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The delay on starting is not normal - the starter motor should engauge as soon as you press the button.

You might check that the tip-over switch isn't causing you trouble. Otherwise, you've already coverd all the things I would have suspected. Whatever the case, its almost certainly an electrical fault somewhere:O

best of luck

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Haven't a clue, never messed with it myself. I'm sure there's a procedure for it in the manual:O

good luck

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Tip over switch affects fuel, if the starter won't run, look at the kick stand switch, the clutch switch, kill switch and ignition switches. It will not get fuel if the TOS is hosed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems to run fine in the wet (absoloutly threw it down whilst in the isle of man!) and it behaved!
when you switch on the ignition/kill switch, you here the pump prime the rail then cut off once pressurised, then when you hit the start button the fuel pump primes again for a couple of seconds before the starter motor goes! (doesn't always do it, but most of the time) just wondering wheather the to problems are linked?
doug, what do you mean by hosed?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
hosed = messed up = not working properly:)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i'm suffering similar problems.... not soled em yet....

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
sounds like a loose wire or bad connection in the starter switch circuit to me check the connections inside the handle bar piece that holds the starter switch...???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey jagboy, judging by your list of modds, would i be right in thinking your probs (similar to mine) started shortly after the engine went back in the bike?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
they just seemed to start this year. it maybe down to the battery being old.( 8 years) had it drop/load tested. came up fine.giving it the full monty over the weekend. going to check everything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
traced mine (hopefully!) to a dodgy peice of main loom disturbed whilst engine was out, the bit that pass's the rear tank brkt and tos on the right side of the bike...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts