TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol the only 1 in newfoundland huh?too bad your not closer to montreal,we can do a ride.i might be picking up a honda touring bike to be able to go on long distance rides, im wanting to go to Newfoundland.
Yes that would be awesome if your ever on the island please hit me up I’d love to have another tlr to ride with it would be nuts an yes the only one that is registered with dmv anyways there might be a couple hid away in a few sheds but nothing that I know for for sure everyone that sees the bike falls in love with it an as for the guy above you asking why I used the video Is bc that’s exactly how mine sounds an I could not get a good sounding video of the noise on my own bike so I used that as a reference

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey yes I’m thinking of coming out your way,but not with my tls, I’d probably be paralyzed by the time I make it there with that bike. Besides the bitch crapped out on me last week. Just cut out as I was downshifting,I’d be coming with my Honda st touring bike.
anyway soif your bike sounds anything like that, I think it would need top end work, or valves possibly. I’m sure six5 or someone can point you in a better direction than I can. Good luck buddy,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bikelife709, I'm confused why you would use the video from someone else's TLR to provide a soundclip for us to evaluate your TLR. :unsure:
That’s how my bike sounds but I can’t get a good sounding video on my bike so I just used that one as a reference so you think you could point me in the right direction to solve the problem maybe

·
Registered
87 Posts
So first off , have you downloaded the manual, and read thru it? If not, you should. As your doing that, you should probably start taking apart the bike. Start with the tank and seat, and move your way to the top of the motor. Maybe try cranking it over to listen and get closer to where the ticks are coming from. Never know maybe it’s something stupid that’s out of place or whatever.if you get any leads, go from there. I would go on YouTube and watch some videos as well. I’m guessing you need to take the plugs out
And proceed to taking off the top plates of the motor to further locate the tick. Maybe do a search for the diagram of the motor to get a better idea of where and what can make those ticks.

You know what, can you email me at [email protected] I might have an idea

I’m not a mechanic so some people are probably shaking their heads at me, but wtf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts