TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
check the exhaust where it connects to the short pipe on the rear cylinder head. Most likely a blown seal. It's the most common problem unless you changed anything that could affect your fuel / air flow.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
check the exhaust where it connects to the short pipe on the rear cylinder head. Most likely a blown seal. It's the most common problem unless you changed anything that could affect your fuel / air flow.
Thanks for stealing my thunder Zipcode!

Don't you call them postcodes in the UK ??? :laugh

Like Zipcode said. Exhaust backfire is usually the rear stubby exhaust gasket. Throttle body backfires are from maladjusted TPS's. I would say do both.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It's "go outside to have a fag" ;)
Yeah... if you are looking for a smoke...

:rotfl

but "pick up a couple fags" in the UK could mean going down the street to the corner store... you say that in the US and people will raise an eyebrow. :laugh

But back on topic.

Mark,

Does your bike backfire with a little pop under the seat or is it a louder bang off the tailpipe? I dealt with both recently. The ring gasket on the stubby pipe off the rear of the motor will cause the exhaust backfire more than likely. You can even see the exhaust fumes escaping if you get it in the right light.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what the **** you guys are messed up lol ive been to america and they do look at you a bit funny when you ask someone for a fag lol my uncle had to tell them what it means in the UK pmsl ???
oh yes back to the topic my bike backfires with a loud bang out of the back exhaust especially when i come off of the throttle. The ring gasket's are not that great anyway. i haven't had a chance to have a look at it yet but when i do ill let you all know thanks for all your help boys ???! so if it is the throttle body's what do i do about it ?:O

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
its not the throttle bodies popping out the exhaust is a gasket leaking allowing air in to the system

as said the rear exhaust spigot gasket is the most common one that goes

they are all cheap enough so might be worth just changing the lot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts