TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i haven't been on here in forever that is cause i am outside deciding which bike to ride. Let me explain... my buddy left for the military and decided to let me hold on to his 2006 CBR 600rr while he was gone. He will be back to pick it up at the end of the year. The weight of the 600 and the explosive power off the line is crazy, but the top speed of the TL and the low end tourqe is amazing on the Tl. I have found that the 600 is very quick into the curves and easy to ride. I don't like the weight compared to the TL i feel like i am gonna break it when i slam it into a curve. But over all i think i am gonna get rid of the TL and go with something in between like a 06 gxsr 750.

·
Registered
80 Posts
every time someone sells a TL, god kills a kitten. lol :laugh thats sad to hear. i had an 05 CBR600 and yea it was light and everything but i still prefer my TLR. have you thought about just putting the money into the TL and moding it to lose weight? i know getting on a smaller bike is fun at first but i started to miss just the raw power that the TL has (and waking up the neighborhood in the mornings:devious )

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since i have had the TL i have put to much money in it as is.... I would rather it go to a good home with a loving rider .... Myself i don't wanna worry if she is gonna start or if i can ride from Ky to the Gap and break down half way. The only thing wrong with her now is she needs a new right fairing due to some stupid ahole pulling on it and a new gas tank due to a dent. but other than that she is perfect. I just don't know how long ... 390bike.com told me that they would give me 2,800 for her and i am thinking hard about that. That would get me a down payment on an 06 750

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i'd keep the tl and spend some cash on the suspension and a set of light weight wheels. you'll only free up a few lbs,but they'll be lost in the mos important places. ypur tl will feel like a totaly different bike:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ive ridden acouple small bikes (04 r6 and 05 600rr) lately, and to be honest I just cant get into the idea of having a bike at 10k rpms all the time to get mt power out of it. I kept thinkng "damn Im gonna blow this thing up trying to make power and have fun" I will have the Tiller til they make a new one or I give up riding all together and I dont see either happening anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Nice looking bike and I'd would take it but I can't right now. :banghead

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see everything eveyone elses bikes on here and all the mods .. i don't have that kinda cash to throw around .. if i can get $2,800 out of the TLR then its going on a new 06 Gixxer 750

1 - 7 of 7 Posts