TLZone Forums banner

My 'rice' lights are about finished

3K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Dark Light 
#1 ·
A little to circus-y for my taste, but I like it. I am looking for a carbon fiber windscreen, once I find one I will probably put some leds behing the gauges and then I think I will be done with lights for now.

I realize that a lot of you guys don't like it, but please leave the insults out of the thread as much as possible. By all means leave your opinion though :O

See less See more
#2 ·
I love the look got to say, always liked Led, had a fair few on mine, would have gone for one colour, or a bank of colours to suit more, but effect is great still, sure stands out, Nicely done :)

#3 ·
I wanted to go with 3 colors, but I decided since I don't have a job I should just use what I have. They are easy enough to swap out if I get sick of this color combo, as it is a bit annoying to look at for too long. Heh, ah well. I got the important mods done as well, just need to figure out my air box problem now and I'll be ready to ride again.

#6 ·
oznium is the place to go, i agree with all that pork has said about them, i even forgot to order something and they threw it in for free. i am in the process of wiring up all mine right now, i just went with white led strips, not as fancy as porkster but you get the point

#8 ·
Looks nice but I'm with the others who think perhaps all one color. I'm not digging the mix of colors on it. Also some seem too bright for my taste. Maybe if you put that red in all the areas. :yumyum

#9 ·
My lights are blue and just present a blue haze in the engine area. I strung my own xmas light style LEDs. I also have the windscreen glow blue by directing light into the edges of the stock windscreen to take advantage of its fiber-optic properties. I have since removed the stock screen and it is for sale with aluminum LED brackets.

The blue lights are illegal here, although I can run as many YELLOW as I want.

#12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I used two to many colors, but its alright for now since I am about sick of working on it after finding my air box all messed up! These photos are slightly over-exposed so the lights are not AS bright as pictured, I am not used to taking night photos with my Digital Rebel XT just yet.

The lit up windscreen looks awesome!

#14 ·
how much did it cost for all the lights and what lengths did you use?

#17 ·
I used mostly 9.5", not sure on the cost because I had alot of them already and I am horrible at keeping reciepts. The left side of the bike is no where near as bright, too much crap blocking the actual light and the holes are a bit smaller. The ones under the tank are 19" long ( one on each side ) and the red under the rear is something like 32"

#19 ·
I like it. I've been thinking for a while to light up the rear with a dim red led light.

:stupidheads above though about the mix of colours. I'd prefer a single matching colour, maybe two...

#23 ·
ya i got all my green ones on so far but i got to get more i dont even have the lowers on it yet ahha , pork how many you got in your lowers? i got the 19s under tank and 6 4.5s in tail a 9.5 under headlight above upper sanded a lil of the black of the botom of the headlight and now it is lit up green, 2 4.5s in air tubes, singles in rad cover like yours . hum i have another 9 in there someware. now to lowers , damn to much money ahha

#27 ·
I've got 8 LED Tantrum strobe pods on mine. They are remote control and have 6-8 different patterns. They also have a voice activated feature. Lights arent for everybody but I dig the shit out of mine. Cost a little but they are an outstanding product. Cool to see other in da hood with lights on their bikes.

#28 ·
dude that looks sweet u got pix what the bike looks like with out the lights on in the day????? i know alot of guys that used to have red or blue lights on their bikes and got the well sir your impersonating a cop but they could never do it with that..........

#30 ·
Hey, just got the new vertical mischief video, I love the ice section :hail

This is the most recent photo of the bike, but the lights are on:

I don't have any of just the bike yet, although it is together so once I have a new battery I will get a few shots of it outside. I lowered it an inch, painted the wheels, and a few other little things since spring time like my rear-view camera and gps so I cant wait to ride it! Thanks for the comments too.

#31 ·
which one????? are you talking about the one that drew just put out pasion and brother hood?

#33 ·
actully we put that one out the spring of 05, but yes thats our newest one:( this years is gonna be SICK all footage of us ice footage china footage and alot of other cool shit.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.