TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that heard it at the BMF, and most of the neighbouring counties:coocoo
it was creaking like fook and i had a job finding out what it was, tiny and co had a look and we couldn't work out where it was coming from, thought it might be the Ohlins or the swinger bearings,
well i had a look tonight, undid a couple of the damper bolts, still did it, undid the back of the tank and it still did it:confused :confused
decided to take the wheel out for a closer look, as soon as the wheel was out, i bounced the back end again, quiet as a dead thing:confused
wheel bearings are perfick, everything else seemed ok,:confused
put wheel back in, with the spindle the other way round, tightened it up,
no noises at all and the rear moves up and down really freely again,
buggered if i know what it was but it's OK now,
thank fook, will ride it to work tomorrow if it ain't raining to see how it feels.

very wierd:banghead

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
torque arm maybe i dunno one u take the wheel off the caliper hangs loose only other moving part i can think of

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billy_tlr said:
torque arm maybe i dunno one u take the wheel off the caliper hangs loose only other moving part i can think of
thats what i was thinking, it wasn't tight though when the wheel was out:confused
oh well will have to see how it goes,so far so good:)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
is good to hear, or not to as the case maybe :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
you sure the noise wasn't you all along :O ya, know knackered old fart that you are:laugh no working knees,ker-****ed ankle(s?)

certainly wasn't yer throat..............that was well lubricated :cheers

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no noises at all from the rear end now, wierd considering how it sounded at the bmf and bulldog bash, bit soft though cos it had a lot less spring preload on the shock i fitted but i might leave it like that for a bit to see how it goes, if it feels too soft at the ring i;ll jack it back up again

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
tlsgazza said:
if it feels too soft at the ring i;ll jack it back up again
I think you would very much like to re-phrase that Gazza :devious :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
May I remind you of his new t-shirt? he does have special needs ya know :devious

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tlr-triker said:
I think you would very much like to re-phrase that Gazza :devious :laugh :laugh
:bitchslap :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts