TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother said if you don't stop doing that you'll go blind.

I thought I'd do it until I needed glasses. Just picked up my first pair of prescription reading glasses today. Damn :banghead $350 WTF? I'm getting old :bawling Long distance is still spot on, I just had difficulty focussing on things up close.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks for the reminder - I am due an eye test - filled a form out to receive bullshit emails a while ago as the prize was a free eye test - mmm if only I could read the small print :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
well Steve U have been :jack to much and that combined with :cheers gets U were U are today :laugh

nah been there done that picked mine up a year ago when I went from regular to prescription polished lenses and damn they cost alot :banghead

so were are the pics then :devious

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
wow thats a steep price Steve :no
glasses are about the only thing in the UK that are cheap :) my last ones cost me £89 and thats buy one get one free,and the second pair were really dark tint for sun glasses;)
hard luck on the failing eye sight mate,it happens to most of us in the end :)

G

·
been wearing them for 10 years now, reading glasses, just like my granddad :laugh

i can't read anything anymore without glasses nowadays: eyes completely defocus after 10 seconds...especially after a day of computer work :banghead

but you're not so bad off, stevo, i mean, when you're almost at pension-age, it's normal to wear glasses :laugh j/k ;)

oh yeah, and i'm with that stupid gay swede: we need pics :devious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:doh

If it really bugs you I guess contacts or laser are options:O

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Could be worse and catch a bug right after a stop light and scratch your eye and cause a scare with such a stigmatisim (sp) even eye glasses dont fix the blurr in your vision. Now im prone to infection inside the scar and am light sensitive. Had to go with transition lenses to drive. I can read fine, anything past that and it starts to blurr. Right eye compensats but then I get tired quicker from the strain and immense headaches if I dont wear the glasses throughout the day to drive.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I was well into my fourties before having to get glasses. I'm the oldest and the last one in my family to get them. For awhile I thought I would never need them -NOT!

Then the hair goes....listening to guys older then me, next thing is you can't take a piss because of an enlarged prostrate (although I hear regular sex, cleaning out the pipes as it were, helps a lot)

Gettin' old sucks! :banghead (least I can still ride :) )

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
i picked mine up last week :banghead just to help with tired eyes from the 'puter and sharpen things up whilst driving, really ......... the first bit of the old body to notice it's gone over the hill and is on the downhill slide .... :dowhat :laugh :laugh :laugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.