TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an interesting morning... Driver in #1 lane (~20mph) thought it was very important that she be in the #2 lane (~40mph):coocoo and sent me and the TL head over Honda. If you ever saw that video of Dawn's crash (I think shes a members GF), then you basically saw a mirror image of mine. I came out okay, just a banged up left leg. I would have rode to work if the left rearset had stayed put. I'd like to give a round of thanks to proper gear (even in the 102 degree valley heat:hail) and TLRStacker's frame savers....

Now, let the fun begin:

WTB: Left-side rearset, right side rear brake lever, stock fairing bracket, windshield, B/W tailsection.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Glad you're ok fulla - but you might wanna change the title. That usually means he isn't getting up, ever.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
:banghead

Bad to hear those news . Good you're optimistic. Good the damage wasn't bigger on you and your bike...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you're ok fulla - but you might wanna change the title. That usually means he isn't getting up, ever.
You're right. Still not thinking perfectly clear. Changed.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
glad you're ok :thumbup

I had some moron do that to me when I lived in PHX, I'm cruising down one lane @60mph, clown ahead of me in the right lane decided to move into my lane w/o looking :banghead

was in a nose wheelie for a tad, then hit a slippery patch in the road and she went down, slid thorugh the intersection and into oncoming :coocoo I slid about 35ft or so, managed just some soreness the next day. everything forward of the handlebars was gone, everything else was ok, but still a total loss :banghead

and the moron that caused it didnt even stop :bitchslap then I'm standing in the crosswalk after the wreck, and people were driving by me like nothing happened! :coocoo :fire :kicknuts

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
101 Eastbound @ DeSoto

·
2,463 Posts
101 Eastbound @ DeSoto
Now I know of 10. Hope you're taking the rest of the day off to rest as the soreness sets in.

Did you have a report taken? Should have been West Valley CHP that responded. Hopefully there were witnesses and the other driver is well insured.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Dang, still 102 out that way? I thought we were one of the last ones to cool down and it's been nice here for a little while.

Glad your ok. Good luck with the bike.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I know of 10. Hope you're taking the rest of the day off to rest as the soreness sets in.

Did you have a report taken? Should have been West Valley CHP that responded. Hopefully there were witnesses and the other driver is well insured.
Work was closer than home, so I'm here, but under-utilized. CHP did a full report. One of the officers was a fellow rider. The driver got out of her car with an "I'm so sorry. I never saw you." but seemed to change to a defensive stance once she saw I could walk. I had one witness who seemed to have a good sense of what happened, and one soccer mom who didn't see the accident but thought she should stick around and tell the police how dangerous motorcycles are.:O

We'll see how it plays out....and whether or not I need to call a lawyer.

(I was going to find the link to Dawns crash, but I didn't want to risk accidentally watching it again.:puke. Maybe tomorrow, but definitely not yet)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
and one soccer mom who didn't see the accident but thought she should stick around and tell the police how dangerous motorcycles are.:O
WTF? They are only dangerous when asshats ride them, or when asshats crash into them. That'd have been hard to keep under control in front of the officer.

·
2,463 Posts
The link I posted was to the TLC broadcast of her video...a little more subdued because it also shows her just riding, and the interview.

Let me know if I can help with the report at all...I have a few friends that work out of that office.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The link I posted was to the TLC broadcast of her video...a little more subdued because it also shows her just riding, and the interview.

Let me know if I can help with the report at all...I have a few friends that work out of that office.

I've seen the HUD view several times but never this TLC story. Thanks for posting it up.

C

·
Registered
584 Posts
Happy you are ok.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Aw, that sucks ... glad you're ok :thumbup hope you ream the retard who can't use mirrors for anything but checking her make-up for as much money as possible :yes

I can get you a new fairing stay for about 8,000 yen IIRC or you can have my one for 2,000yen + shipping - if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks :D is the tail actually broken is it? The scuff can't be painted out?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Glad to see you didn't get hurt too bad here as well. I lived in the SF Valley for several years my self and although there are several things I do miss one of them would not be the freeways :no

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Glad to hear it was just a "minor" crash.........happy to hear you are ok :thumbup

1 - 20 of 35 Posts