TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

After owning my new ZX-10R for a week. here are my early observations:

1. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT GEARBOX WHINE!!! My Suzuki's had nicer Trannies.

2. Fuel leak. PITA

3. 1st gear does 110mph(yeah.. ok... like I can use that)

4. Careful with the throttle. She pulls into a wheelie all by herself.... in THIRD gear.... at over a fricken hundred MPH. If you aren't rolling on the throttle slowly... and I mean slowly.... you will loft the front or smoke up the rear tire. this thing scares me.

5. Did I mention this bike scares me?

6. Fuel economy is about what should be expected. its determined mostly by your right wrist.

7. This will probably be my last new Kawasaki I buy. The fit and finish of the whole bike in general is not as good as Honda and Suzuki. I like my new bike, but its just not the same quality as I'm used to seeing/hearing.

8. Did I mention that its fricken fast?

9. I do NOT like the Dunlop Q tires on this machine. They do not have as much initial grip when cold as the PP's do. i almost wrecked the thing the second day I had it(Yes I scrubbed them in). I am looking forward to smoking these tires and placing Pilot Power 2CT's on it.

10. Did I mention its faster than Wile E Coyote and his rocket powered rollerskates?

11. The mirrors are not that great for positioning to view directly behind(not that it matters since its a fricken missile).

That's all for the moment.

Just wanted to post a quick review. must go to sleep now.

:)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:eek:mg .............sleep well

·
Registered
945 Posts
But is it very fast? :O :laugh Sounds super cool except for the fuel leak. :banghead

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
And Rifleman makes a 1/5 for it? :laugh

It will be interesting when MotoGP goes to 800cc if Suzuki or someone else does not come out with an I4 800. Given the current state of engine design, an 800 might be perfect :)

I would love a new Triumph 800 in the new 675's mold. :hail

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
LiononaLeash said:
1. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT GEARBOX WHINE!!! My Suzuki's had nicer Trannies.
Surely no surprise there? Suzuki boxes are traditionally the nicest boxes.

Is it fast?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Hmmm....I could have sworn I posted on here last night.

Fuel leak? Couldn't you have just stuck with the TL then to deal with that? :lol

Sounds like a fun bike, too bad it sounds like you are dissapointed with how slow it is! :rotfl

I'm interested in your first trackday report with this beast. Should be a fun practice of throttle control.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Josephd14 said:
Oh Sure us NESR guys are not cool enough to get your review over there.. j/k :laugh

Well you found it here didn't ya? :laugh

Chop: Yes it is the most impractical biek I've ridden on the street. Man its cool. :confused

Dukie: Yup. I already have Lohman's hardware on the way. :)

Steve: Yep, I'm pretty sure its fast. :devious

Jasen: Yeah its gonna be an interesting first day at the track. I'll probably start VERY SLOWLY and be in the intermediate group. My first trackday mission will be just to get used to the bike at about 70% effort. If I don't crash, it will be a successful day. I have springs going into it in the next couple weeks so it can carry my fat rear end(maybe that wil help grip :) ).

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
hey if you get a set of PPs, and want to sell the qualifiers for a decent price let me know :devious

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking of that Billbo. I have 330 miles on the ODO at the moment.

and it looks like its gonna stay there for a little while. :banghead

I heard back from the shop. The fuel tank is defective. There is fuel seeping from a weld at the back of the tank near the pivot. So it looks like I'm down for at least a week.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:banghead

At least this problem reared it's ugly head while it was still under warranty.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
they may have f*cked it up themselves...I know when the first gen zx10s came out a few years ago, if you put the wrong bolt int he side plastic it would go through the tank...I saw it happen :banghead

they may just be sayin its a leaky weld to cover their asses...but I dunno if the new zx10s are like the old ones or not :O

yea so keep me in mind for them qualifiers...I need some rubber like...like last month :lol

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had already heard about the side screws piercing the tank. Its not the case on 06 10R. The way it is set up now, you can't pierce the tank even if the screw is too long.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I rode my buddies and it was out of control fast.Was glad to get back on my tiller so i could continue living.LOL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sold my zx7r just after I bought my TLR. What stands out most in my mind about that kawi was the unbelievably noisy running gear.. it sounded like more like a tractor than anything. And the crazy loud *thWACK* sound when shifing from N to 1st. That bike was like an AK47.. clunky noisy and indestructable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts