TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am new here, so sorry if I sound daft at times....I got my TL1000S a couple of years back, an 1998 bike, sorted out, changed back dampner, no steerind dampner, and I love it, always too much power, I de-tuned it with an open exhaust (hello neighbour) and it became a lot easier to ride in the rain, on cobblestones and such. It is an awesom bike. Straight away I wanted to change the seating position, my knees simply can not stay as bend as they need to be on the TL1000S for long times, decades of bike riding have taken its toll. I am 1.76cm, a bit on thge heavy side. The bike feels happy to me at anything above 90 mph (the wind carries me) in leathers, 80 in cloth, great stuff, they did not have that when I ruined my knees on bikes, 35 years back. However, once I was late for work and let it rip....after doing 35 miles in 20 minutes including 10 miles downtown, I did not want to change the seating position any longer, if you riufe it fast, everything is perfect....but, I do not commute any more (thanks GOD) and I wonder if any of you had similar issues, transforming the bike into an OAP carriage (of sorts)? any tips are welcome, at the moment it is SORNED and I am thinking about swapping it for an XS650, a Biker I had and loved years ago, when my commute was 7 miles, not 35 one way. I had the SV650 before, a nice bike, once I fixed the soft front end, enough bike for anybody on a legal road, but I wanted something to spice up the commute, and boy did I get smiles per gallon, no good for the miles per gallon, though...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Buell Lightning foot pegs...

I made a write up on how to install but the photobucket disaster doesn't include my photos anymore...

If you have any questions just ask:

I am six and a half feet tall and the one inch drop may not sound lie much, but dang it helps!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one, I will see if I can get the Pegs in thew UK, one inch is a lot, with a dogy knee! Can be the difference between feeling uncomfy all the time to being able to ride 4 h a day....Cheers!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
you can also fit high bars so you sit upright...................

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Chinese rearsets
might let you lower the pegs a bit. And move them back or forwards some. Cheap on eBay. I bought a set for around 65 pounds. Good copies of the voo doo rear sets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts