TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found the pics of me first bike..............

a 1979 GS550EN.

rebuilt the engine, shot blasted it, painted it black (the engine - not the bike!), polished the cases, painted disc carriers and clock case backing (window tint on clock faces!), twin spots, no mirrors or indicators (!), twin tinted back lights pics are from late 1997 (i think!!) not bad for a first attempt at doing a bike up i reckon

i want it back............:bawling

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Imagine twin Ohlins shocks, a braced frame........a bigger motor........shit a TL is better :coocoo

Sweet scooter sir.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:O Who is the Chubby guy in the white helmet :O :laugh :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CHUBBY ? :rant

unflattering cheap leathers more like!! :laugh

in the pics, i am sat on - and am wearing my 1997 student loan.......................really!!..........:lol

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
i nearly bought a new one of them back in 1981, (yep i'm a feckin old git)
put deposit down and it was on it's way, then suzuki reduced the price of the GSX750EN by £500.00, cancelled the order and bought the 750 instead, only cost me £100 more than the 550, loved the bike and did 36.000 miles on it before trading it in for a newer model, still see the 550's and think about what may have been, they were definately a lot better looking than my old 750

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
great looking bike dude:) .... i've had two of them. first one when i was 20... it was an early one... 77 i think with wire wheels..... and the second one was a stand in after some shit stole my fz 750..:rant :banghead :rant

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was 20 in that pic.................2 months off being 21!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts