TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a friend over a few weekends ago Rachael. She's eleven, and she has rode the four wheeler's before but this time the poor thing panic and crashed our 90CC Eton ATV viper into our old shed at an angle causing her to be toss over the handle bars. Thank goodness our semi adopter girl is okay. That was my first concern, and the most important good news. I thought the frame look bent but I was unsure. I ordered the tierod and the rim and bolted it together today.

Alex is going to be so disappointed as I can't let him ride it like this. He been waiting for almost a month now for me to get the parts and fix it. It's definitely bent and pushed back. It steers good going left but does not steer at all much going right. In looking at the frame they made it one entire piece. :sad

I suppose I need a whole new frame for the eton 90CC. :banghead.

I could buy a torch and try to straighten it but I doubt if would be strong enough to not bend again.

Suppose I could take it to the dealer to be sure but I think it's bent. It looks bent. I'll post pics later.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Post pics, its probably made of mild steel and not that hard to bend/weld/reinforce as needed:)

Or you could part it out and get the kids dirt bikes:deal

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We bought that fourwheeler new last year for 2200.00 I can't see parting it out.

I'm going to have to strip it, to attempt to straighten it anyway.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This won't help your current situation, but just a thought...If the quad is a total loss, instead snag a cheap yamaha blaster. 200cc 2 stroke that's not quite a beginners quad but not too much for a kid. They made them for 18 years virtually unchanged so there's parts all over the place. The throttle has a adjustable limiter so you can limit the power, and years down the road it's pretty hard to outgrow with it's potential power. Buy it cheap, maybe do a $50 top end rebuild and go zoom.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The blaster is a dandy quad (as far as quads go:puke)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Post pics, its probably made of mild steel and not that hard to bend/weld/reinforce as needed:)

Or you could part it out and get the kids dirt bikes:deal
:stupid
Dirt bikes are so much better than quads! :D And you can pick them up used for dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alex crashed hunter's pw80 and he will not get back on it. It's heart breaking to see him so upset about his four wheeler. He stands there frowning, wanting to ride but scared to get back on the pw80. I have to find a frame for him. New... I found one for 642.00 plus shipping. :eek

·
Registered
121 Posts
How about attacking it with a bottle or scissor jack?
I build space frame racing car chassis at work, so accident repairs are pretty much a fact of life. While we do use some hardcore tools, you may be surprised by what can be achieved with a couple of jacks, a tape measure and a good eye:pirate.
You would be ahead in the game as you already know the direction of the hit that it took, just jack it back from the opposite direction a bit at a time. As long as the tube doesn't collapse you'll be good to go.

Dan

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try to straighten it this week. Maybe tomorrow. Still looking for the camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.