TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a feeler......

I have 4 TLS's and the fun is in building them, I love this one to bits but I don't have the time to ride it and do it justice, such a waste to just sit in my garage :banghead

I'm not breaking it, well not yet anyway :laugh

I'm open to offers and have no idea what it is worth, only what it has cost not to mention the rebuild and improvements after the little hiccup last year.

I have receipts for well over £6k and I daren't even think about the labour.

I'd dearly love to see it stay as a complete bike but that depends on interest.

Might even be open to a part ex (fancy a GSXR track tool to share with my other TLS or LWB Transit etc)

Plenty of threads on here regarding the spec and build, TLOTY Winner, Featured in Streetfighter Mag etc you know the score....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Cool opportunity for someone with the cash, one of a kind exclusivity and excellent build quality.

·
Registered
562 Posts
damn, dont do it! Sell another pair bikes but not that!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
If you're planning to built something even wilder and want to fund that project, sell it.
Then there are going to be another crazy TL around.
If not, keep this gem. One of a kind... (and what a kind :hail)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Shipping to the states? :banghead

If you were in the US, I'd find a way to buy it....seriously. I have a naked FZ1 that I'd give up in a heartbeat for that TLS. FZ1 is about $8500...so thats a start. Haha.

If you part, I'd really consider the SSSA (and related HW, like suspension, rim & hugger) and exhaust. BUt I agree...should not part that beauty.

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the race bike for fun and trackdays, I have a bone stock TLS that I semi restored which could be my road bike and I have another in the pipeline for the next supercharged/S4R SSSA special, one can have too many toys :laugh

I'm not expecting to get £6k back but it's got to be worth the same as a couple of year old GSXR etc :O

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
well it has been crashed so arround £1000 :dunno

J.K Sam one of a kind :hail I would gladely pay over £6k if I only had the money :banghead

·
Registered
545 Posts
That TL is one of the best ever built... I would be buried in full riding position on that thing if I owned it. :hail x 987984654564

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've got a long wheel base high roof Iveco, sleeps 6, carries 3 bikes, awning etc. Stable in force 8 Irish sea gales, I can arrange a viewing if your interested :devious:laugh:)

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
sort out the superchager on a donor bike then tranplant it to this for one megger specail and ... KEEP IT

·
Premium Member
6,889 Posts
No one will want to insult you with an offer on this one mate, - you are going to have to bite the bullet and put a price on it - I might be interested for a swop & adjustment tho...:devious no seriously.

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just realised that's an old pic, it now has the Marvic Front Wheel, SV rad, Braking Wavy Discs etc

I guess £5k would take it away as a full bike, much less than that and I'd be forced to break it....I guess the rolling Chassis would be quite popular :laugh

This is also no stock engine either, 130bhp with a 2-1, an M4 2-2 would release a few more :devious

Drop me a PM Ted if you want or you can try it for size at the BMF :)

·
Premium Member
6,889 Posts
bugger, bit too rich for my blood at the moment..

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bugger, bit too rich for my blood at the moment..
I know, that's the problem with specials, impossible to sell :banghead
It's such a shame to have to break them to get anything near the invested money back :rant

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
One way I just can't believe it.. other way.. the next one can only be better.. and who doesn't want to see that :drool

Good luck with getting rid of her.. It'll probably be painfull..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts