TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and I got pulled!
On the way to work this morning along Princess Parkway in Manchester, there's a big crest (over a railway line I think) which begs for you to lift the front wheel in 2nd gear. I obliged as the traffic was clear for a couple of hundred yards ahead and realised it was a corker - very smooth and on the balance point so I held it there thinking 'how about 3rd gear gear?' But the traffic in front of me was very quickly getting close so I thought I'd better put it down and brake rather sharpish. Of course I had already noticed a couple of fluorescent jackets up ahead by and was thinking 'oh shit', by this time I had stopped congratulating myself on the 300m+ corker and tried to filter in between the traffic but when I got level with what turned out to be a traffic warden, she pointed at me and directed me in rather sternly. It was a vehicle checkpoint (mainly for HGV's I think) and there were a few coppers. The traffic warden told me to park the bike and went over to one of the motorcycle coppers. He came over with his cup of tea in his hand and a smirk on his face. I thought 'maybe this isn't so bad' and sure enough he said 'I hear you've been doing wheelies', 'Er, the front wheel just seemed to come up over the crest' I said. He laughed and told me to be careful - 'I'm not going to do anything but take this as a warning', so I went on my way with a smile from the traffic warden who said 'I thought it was a low flying plane as you came over the hill!':laugh
I'm a naughty boy! And before anyone says anything - I know, I'd only have myself to blame if I'd got done.:dowhat

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
In my book the only thing better than a great wheelie, is being pulled fot it and then NOT getting a fine/points :banana

·
Registered
310 Posts
....and I got pulled!
Thank god for friendly coppers.. They do exist..

Ive got a good friend that has become one. Shes only 2 years in on probation but she pulled a guy for a minior offence and was oblidged to breath test him...

He was .2 over.. So she sent him for a walk around the block and waited 15 minutes for him to come back..

Now you cant say fairier than that can ya?

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Tim, I am truly outraged at your mindless behaviour, just imagine if someone had stepped out in front of you, remember you turned 40 quite some time ago, do you think you should still be doing that kind of thing :rant.

Can't detect a hint of jealousy in there can you :eek:

:thumbup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice answer dude, probably that saved any bother with the Law!! Must try and remember that one.......front wheel just lifted as I came over the crest, there, think I've got it!!!!

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Hooliganism at it finest timr :thumbup

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim, I am truly outraged at your mindless behaviour, just imagine if someone had stepped out in front of you, remember you turned 40 quite some time ago, do you think you should still be doing that kind of thing :rant.

Can't detect a hint of jealousy in there can you :eek:

:thumbup

You're right John. At my age I should've perfected 'em. Must keep practicing! :devious

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
:hail

I got busted at work a few days ago. I do work at a police college :laugh Its private land and most of them dont care. Pull wheelie all over site and and most people love it!

:hail wheelies :hail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts