TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay ........ so I have some of those strange flat round things called "vynil records" :dowhat I beleive it was a system by which man was able to listen to music before the modern world existed and CD's/MP3's were invented ...... :devious :laugh :laugh

Does anyone know of some software/cables that will allow me to copy the records onto the PC then onto discs :confused :O

I know some will say "just go buy the CD" ... but in some cases this is not possible :banghead

Oh, and does anyone have any links to a (scandinavian, I think) group called the Far Foundation, who did a cover of Led Zep's "Stairway to Heaven" :O

·
Registered
451 Posts
can you get a 3.5mm to RCA lead.

connect a record player to the line in/mic on a computer.

if you "bought" a copy of one of the major music editing packages you might be able to clean up some of the sound as welll..

^-- get that cable.

and this guide will help probably. i have just read this guide and i think you may find it very helpful....

hope thats cool :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
If not and you got loads to do, you can buy a usb record deck, now they sell for around 130.00 from any maplins shop :p Yep i work for them lol, but they allow direct coping at high qual. I know alot more, but is great for special records as a back up.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Instead of trying to copy them to your computer why not just download some MP3's of the records you have? It would be legal since you own the records(I believe)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts