TLZone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ........ so I have some of those strange flat round things called "vynil records" :dowhat I beleive it was a system by which man was able to listen to music before the modern world existed and CD's/MP3's were invented ...... :devious :laugh :laugh

Does anyone know of some software/cables that will allow me to copy the records onto the PC then onto discs :confused :O

I know some will say "just go buy the CD" ... but in some cases this is not possible :banghead

Oh, and does anyone have any links to a (scandinavian, I think) group called the Far Foundation, who did a cover of Led Zep's "Stairway to Heaven" :O

·
Registered
451 Posts
can you get a 3.5mm to RCA lead.

connect a record player to the line in/mic on a computer.

if you "bought" a copy of one of the major music editing packages you might be able to clean up some of the sound as welll..

^-- get that cable.

and this guide will help probably. i have just read this guide and i think you may find it very helpful....

hope thats cool :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
If not and you got loads to do, you can buy a usb record deck, now they sell for around 130.00 from any maplins shop :p Yep i work for them lol, but they allow direct coping at high qual. I know alot more, but is great for special records as a back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.