TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you guys had looked up MSR on google earth or maps.google.com but in the past the line where it went from high detail to low detail went pretty much through the rattle snake, with the west side looking like a big green blob and the east side being in high detail. Seems they got some more recent photographs and the full track is in high detail. Only downside is the photos were taken when the 1.3 mile track was under construction.

Anyway, just figured you guys might be interested in this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
Seems they got some more recent photographs and the full track is in high detail.
'Bout time! Woohoo!

gixxerjasen said:
Only downside is the photos were taken when the 1.3 mile track was under construction.
:doh At least you can see the layout.

Of course, nothing beats being there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You guys should check out Local.live.com. Then click on the Bird's Eye view. Much better detail than Google Maps. Being from MN, I have never been there, so I cannot validate if the images are newer or older than Google Maps.

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's pretty cool, but the maps seem to be older than google earth/keyhole. I acually used to exclusively use MS's Terraserver. But I love the interface of google and I like the high view rather than the side view.

However the view of my house is interesting from the local.live.com. Now I know why the grass is dead in one big area of the back yard. They used to have a car parked there. I thought it was a boat because I found a picture in the attic of a boat, but nope...there it sits, big white car.

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, nice using both really. Just found an instance where google's images are older. My best friend's house in High School has been leveled in the name of progress. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts