TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in today...who else is going?

Apparently they are barely at the break even mark. This is good for all of us.

1. Low number of riders on a HUGE track, the full combined 3.1.
2. Weather looks to be excellent. Partly Cloudy or Partly Sunny, depending on if the weather man is an optimist or pessimist. High of 83 degrees. That beats the hell out of 105 degrees.
3, Woohoo, three day weekend for me!

Ok, so who's in? I know Zelig is planning on attending.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Not me working nights and they won't let me off, I might pop out and try it. I was on the 3.1 today until I killed Mr. KTM. Was flying, lost the front bad in ricochet, nasty tank slapper, hurt my shoulder pretty good, now I know how all those guys crash in that corner :coocoo but I managed to stay up and knocked the crap out of my shoulder, whole hand went numb for a few minutes.

Then coming out of the last corner before Big Bend I was flying, knee down, looked back for my buddy that was with me, and looked back and I was off the track, fully pinned in 5th with my knee on the ground! Woo Hoo! Got my knee dirty! Anyway, thank God for long straight run off! Got her slowed, got back on and woo hoo!

I peaked the other day I got a powerslide, knee down in the transition between Rattlesnake and the new track! Awesome!

So if the KTM hadn't broken I would have done some more. Goign to try to fix the KTM or take out the TLS Sunday. I will let you know how the 3.1 is :lol :thumbup

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Wahoooo!! I'm going!! I'll be there!! Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited checked out my TLR and the fuel filter was packed with crap!!! So, I'm up and running! Looking forward to seeing you Jasen and hopefully more of you guys/gals! I'll be spending the night at Plantation inn in Granbury Sunday night. My husband wont be able to go, but a friend here in Houston and I are riding up together; so it should be fun!!
Denee'

·
Registered
47 Posts
See dad you don't have to go to track days...you are a member...hahaha. I wish I could go though...My track time got rained out last weekend. Can I skip school and go? haha

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
OldTLSDoug said:
Not me working nights and they won't let me off, I might pop out and try it. I was on the 3.1 today until I killed Mr. KTM. Was flying, lost the front bad in ricochet, nasty tank slapper, hurt my shoulder pretty good, now I know how all those guys crash in that corner :coocoo but I managed to stay up and knocked the crap out of my shoulder, whole hand went numb for a few minutes.

Then coming out of the last corner before Big Bend I was flying, knee down, looked back for my buddy that was with me, and looked back and I was off the track, fully pinned in 5th with my knee on the ground! Woo Hoo! Got my knee dirty! Anyway, thank God for long straight run off! Got her slowed, got back on and woo hoo!

I peaked the other day I got a powerslide, knee down in the transition between Rattlesnake and the new track! Awesome!

So if the KTM hadn't broken I would have done some more. Goign to try to fix the KTM or take out the TLS Sunday. I will let you know how the 3.1 is :lol :thumbup

Doug does the KTM have a steering damper? If not you might want to think about one. I don't really care for one on the TL but love having one on the MX bike. Wether that's because the MX bike needs one worse or because I push the MX bike a thousand times harder than I push the TL is debateable, but they do make a big difference in how easy a dirt style bike is to ride. I'm sure the same would be true to some extent of a SM.

have fun

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Denee if you need some good Italian food, Past Fina is the place for you.

I will be popping by for a bit tomorrow for some track time. Hopefully I can go out and visit Monday morning, but I am working nights, so I can't stay long. I can show off my new to me TLS.

Bikepilot, you are absolutely right, I push the KTM way harder and you have to think about where you will end up, so I will get one, just not in the cards right now.

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Denee, check your email.

BP, I've been trying to talk doug into a Steering Damper...but you know him. He hates throwing money at a bike and adding parts just isn't his thing so he keeps resisting. :lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:lol @ jasen

I rode/raced dirt bikes for oh about 11 years before I gave in and bought one and I only did that because I just couldn't come to terms with the handling of my newish CR. I still like KX's a bit better, especially on an MX track (just personal prefference) but the damer helped a lot with the CR.

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea BP...I talked to him about it and he's like "But damn, that's like $400" and I looked at him like I was gonna :bitchslap him and started pointing out other things he's bought for this bike and other ones and he's like "I know I know..."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts