TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
I get between 90-110 miles per tank. Do you have a PC or has the ECU been "tuned," or is it stock? Also are you using a high ethanol content fuel? If so, you will burn more compared to regular gasoline.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
All 3 of my TL's's have the fuel light come on between 125 and150 miles from a full tank. I almost always get 10-11 miles per litre. fuel light on at 13.5 litres used.
Yours sounds way too thirsty.

Reactions: wilf

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get between 90-110 miles per tank. Do you have a PC or has the ECU been "tuned," or is it stock? Also are you using a high ethanol content fuel? If so, you will burn more compared to regular gasoline.
I'm running Yosh RS3 slip on`s, K&N air filter and the usual mods air box, charging system etc. but factory flash on the ecu. Im probabley getting 70 miles out of a tank and the light doesnt come on till after she starts sputtering and wanting to stall.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All 3 of my TL's's have the fuel light come on between 125 and150 miles from a full tank. I almost always get 10-11 miles per litre. fuel light on at 13.5 litres used.
Yours sounds way too thirsty.
Thats what Im thinking gonna try slamming some new plugs in it to see if it makes a difference otherwise she runs great I picked it up end of last summer spent the winter working out the bugs and abuse she`d seen I know its not a touring bike but I thought the mpg should be a little better.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,610 Posts
I consistently get 30-32 mpg (US Gallons) during my commuting around town - on both the TLS & TLR.
Fuel light begins flashing at 98 to 110 miles, but then it only takes 3.6 gallons to fill it up again. 😉

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Varies wildly depending on pattern of riding. M-way cruising mine will probably get over 100 out the main tank. However I've had it do a tank in 65 miles before and I wasn't even being cruel to it.
Exhaust cans and fueling setup make a big difference obviously.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I guess I just still see such awful web programming stuff.

You know you are a sweetheart but AC and DC electricity aren't exactly the same... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I suppose if I knew more about web programming, it might bother me too.
As it is, all websites I visit are convoluted.
Of course, my 0.9Mbit connection speed probably doesn't help......but I still get 32 mpg. :LOL:
I know you live in the desert, but that is criminal speed...
Pony express ISP LLC?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts