TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a problem ive just bought a SAMSUNG SGH-A501. mobile phone.

my previous mobile was a motorolla V600.

now i have the motorolla ring tones that i downloaded now on my PC saved. i want to load them onto the samsung how the f*#k do i do that ?
ive been rooting around here for the last 2hrs trying to do it.

the ring tones are MP3 & i need to convert to mmf , mid for the mobile phone.

does anyone have a link to a freeware converter :O that can help me out.
even names of programs that will do it :devious

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
all i do on my phone is just save them with an .MID file, instead of an .mp3 tag at the end just change it to .mid its works for me

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:hail :hail thanks guys i give them ago.
im near ready to put a fist size hole through this lcd screen :laugh
ive spent nearly 6hrs trying on this :banghead :rant :banghead :laugh

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
changing a files extention will not change the file type. that will just confuse the item typing to open the file.

like putting water in a gas can then, filling your bike and trying to run it.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
thats a great anology!

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dsly1 said:
changing a files extention will not change the file type. that will just confuse the item typing to open the file.

like putting water in a gas can then, filling your bike and trying to run it.
yeh your right i relised that. what i can work out is i have to have midi or mmf for the phone to acept it.

some strange reason media player auto converted them into mp3 :banghead
ive just searched through bearshare P2P site & not looking good.

damit :banghead

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE:
i dont need to convert mp3 to mmf , mid for the ringtone formats. MP3 is OK :)

got me pics & music on the mobile. what i was doing was right. except the british & indian comedy MP3 ringtones i have saved on my PC are still unabl to put on the new phone.
ive since rang jamster & found out that there are no ringtones avaliable for the SAMSUNG SGH-A501 as of yet. (except for telstra ring tones :thatsgay) the phone was only released OCT 2006. hence the reason im also still waiting for the leather cover & car kit.

next to learn: how to brows my emails on it :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
mental note - buy a phone that can use mp3's as ring tones. (All I need is a phone that can make and answer calls :dunno)

:confused If MP3's are ok how come there are no ringtones available for the SAMSUNG SGH-A501 ? Any MP3 ringtone should work :dowhat

(Have you checked the price of data transfer rates? Becareful browsing the web and checking emails on your phone. It's crazy expensive and I've not seen data transfer included with plans, it's always on top. :rant)

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve TLS said:
mental note - buy a phone that can use mp3's as ring tones. (All I need is a phone that can make and answer calls :dunno)

:confused If MP3's are ok how come there are no ringtones available for the SAMSUNG SGH-A501 ? Any MP3 ringtone should work :dowhat

(Have you checked the price of data transfer rates? Becareful browsing the web and checking emails on your phone. It's crazy expensive and I've not seen data transfer included with plans, it's always on top. :rant)
cany remember exactly but its $1.? per MB i'll be only checking emails if say im away camping for a week or two any other time it'll be on a pc if avaliable.

the mp3 ringtones :O its what i'd would had thought as well - it should work on any unless they got copy protection ?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
$1 per mb is still crazy expensive compared to normal internet, but a lot cheaper than mine. I made a mistake of checking my account balance online while roaming. :banghead 822kb = $3.21. If I'd done it in my own network it would have been free.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve TLS said:
$1 per mb is still crazy expensive compared to normal internet, but a lot cheaper than mine. I made a mistake of checking my account balance online while roaming. :banghead 822kb = $3.21. If I'd done it in my own network it would have been free.
:laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts