TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, being in the transportation business, you usually move around a lot. I had requested to be re-located last summer and was denied, but I received news today that I've been approved. Funny thing is...now, I don't want to move unless I can move back to Colorado.:banghead I have a couple of weeks to decide on where to go, but man, I hate moving! I just moved to the Louisville, Kentucky area a year and a half ago from Colorado. If I can find an opportunity in Colorado, I am so outta here! If not, I'm not sure where I'm going yet. I might decide to go back into private practice if I can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks for listening.:)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I thought you were a Dr. :confused

Whatever the case, best of luck to ya.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am. I have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. When my wife died, I decided that I needed a 9-5 job which would not involve crisis calls in the middle of the night or on weekends, so I tried transportation. I seem to have a knack for managing people and the pay is great. Whatever happens, I'll be employed, so no worries there. Just hate moving. I've moved 15 or so times as an adult. In any event, I'll be around...somewhere! :laugh

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
There are some nice roads in the Louisville/KY area. I was down there last week for work. There's obviously some real nice roads in CO too... good luck whereever you go. Just stay away from (most of) the midwest/plains states and Florida if you're looking for twisties.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Ahh, so I was half right - I was thinking shrink.....Well have fun with it. You could go teach at UC Boulder or something if you ever get bored of your current gig I suppose.

have fun

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your wife Aredubu.

Come on out to PA. We're all nucking futs here.

G

·
I've moved 15 or so times as an adult. In any event, I'll be around...somewhere! :laugh
I know the feeling, Ive moved, or been moved 25 times in my life...
But now I found a place I liked, and it has a heatet garage, so Im not moveing unless I find a nice house in a safe area, with a big garage...

Or, if Miss UnbelivablePrettiness get her hooks in me... :laugh

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm here...Cleveland, Ohio. My new office is in Cleveland, but I now live in Strongsville, Ohio, about 15 minutes away. I love the new city so far. I'll definitely have more time to mod the bike and the car. It's been snowing here for the last 3 weeks! Any one else close by?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm with MADKAW... if you can land a job in South Central PA, you've got the best of everything... only 2 hrs from D.C., 1.5hrs from Philly, 2 hrs from NYC... and... 4 hrs from Pittsburgh, but there ain't much goin on out there these days... but MAN do they have some roads to ride in the part of the state.... I'm from PA (Lancaster) and I intend to go back when it's time to start a family...
I'm sorry to hear about your wife Aredubu.

Come on out to PA. We're all nucking futs here.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Hey, Arebudu, I work in the Cleveland/Strongsville area a lot. I live about 50 odd miles south, just a bit west of Massillon. If you'd like an old codger to show you a few good roads down my way this summer give me a shout. I like to take a Friday off and go since there's way less traffic to deal with, but I'm not opposed to Saturday rides. Most likely you will also be able to produce an earth shaking thesis in your field after spending a bit of time around me. Shoot, I reckon I could keep a fairly large partnership busy for quite a while. :laugh

P.S. Better batten down the hatches, it looks like we're going to get hammered with snow the next couple of days. Be glad you didn't choose the east side to live. Then again, you are from Colorodo...

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, Arebudu, I work in the Cleveland/Strongsville area a lot. I live about 50 odd miles south, just a bit west of Massillon. If you'd like an old codger to show you a few good roads down my way this summer give me a shout. I like to take a Friday off and go since there's way less traffic to deal with, but I'm not opposed to Saturday rides. Most likely you will also be able to produce an earth shaking thesis in your field after spending a bit of time around me. Shoot, I reckon I could keep a fairly large partnership busy for quite a while. :laugh

P.S. Better batten down the hatches, it looks like we're going to get hammered with snow the next couple of days. Be glad you didn't choose the east side to live. Then again, you are from Colorodo...
Sounds great! I'll take you up on the offer. I've only ever met 1 other member from the Zone. Be nice to meet more and learn the "spots" to ride.

You're so right about this weather. It is a lot like Colorado, only the snow here is very wet compared to the dry snow in Colorado.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Well, it wasn't all that wet last week when the temperatures barely got out of single digits. Pretty nice out today though. Wet and up to 14 inches by Wednesday they are saying. The kids are really going to hate shoveling that. :laugh

I'll look forward to taking you about come warm weather. :thumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts