·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:hail :drool :hail

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, the FZ was working good today. It is amazing what a couple of small tweaks can do. I was sightseeing and a couple of 996 vintage Ducs came up on me at speed, so I waved them by just as we dropped into the south end of Hwy 7, which is one of the favorite roads I have ever ridden on, so naturally target was aquired and a good fast but not crazy street pace ensued, with the FZ quickly dispatching the corner parking lagging Duc and locked in on the lead Duc.

We gassed up later and the lagger Duc rider was checking out my FZ and commented how fast it was. Good thing we did not hit a long straight :devious

Your gonna love this place BP :)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:drool

·
Registered
319 Posts
:pirate i live in westminster,co i think my favorite ride is thru boulder and then catching 7 or 36 up to estes park pm me maybe we can ride sometime

:bwtiller

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey Duken you gone take BP to the "Bus Stop" in boulder??? Is that still there? I lived in denver from 1998-2001 and have ripped that very same road many times! BP - your gona love the roads ! Might have to move back someday. The power loss up there was tuff to handle after riding at almost sea level.

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, we have to plan a few group rides when BP gets here. I am gonna keep hum busy off road too. In fact, I am pretty sure every free weekend is going to be spent on two wheels. I better start negotiating with Mrs. Duke for the deluxe pack of kitchen passes required for all this riding activity. Fortunately I have several credits in my account as she did a few weekend long scrap booking retreats over the winter :lol

Hwy 7 from Lyons to the Peak to Peak junction is such a perfect road. Smooth perfect pavement, lightly traveled. :hail Really really got to get a radar detector mounted though. More than a few cops out were as we are early in the season.

Hey Duken you gone take BP to the "Bus Stop" in boulder Is that still there? I lived in Denver from 1998-2001 and have ripped that very same road many times! BP - your gona love the roads ! Might have to move back someday. The power loss up there was tuff to handle after riding at almost sea level.
Ya, the Bus Stop is still there, at the north end of Broadway. I have not been in there, being a respectable family man and all. I did handle a case involving a girl who worked there though. She was phenomenally hot looking :drool

·
I was cumstein21
1,805 Posts
Very cool pics.

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm working next Saturday:banghead HWY 7 is definitely a blast, and there's a nice place to shoot where 7 and 72 meet.

Have any of you guys been up to Echo Lake on HWY 103? I'm thinking about doing that when I get a chance.

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe meet up at the Conoco in Golden just north of 6 Sat Morning?

I have been starting on 72 and going through Wondervu too, that seems lightly travelled and no cops on it to date. 6 south of Blackhawk had 3 radar traps on it last weekend. Radarman Swade leads :lol That section is frustrating. So pretty in there, nice road, but lots of cops and traffic. Made for good pretty pics though.

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about 8:30? It is getting warm these days.

It does not have to be at the Conoco in Golden either, just threw that out as a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I want to climb those rocks.

I love climbing and that's what I should have done with my life.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts