TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to MSR on Friday and made my first on bike video. I compressed it and got 17.4 MB or so. Enjoy, I was following my buddy Leonard, he has a 525 SX with all the SM mods and a 540 kit + cams. He said he had trouble passing me, but I think he did ok. One time at the top of the Rattlesnake a careful eye will catch me slide and catch the front on I believe the second lap. I have more, but this is the fun stuff. We were running 1:36.7 or so lap times. On a hot day I was running 1:32.2's pretty steady. But we didn't care this was the first day Leonard and I had both KTM's working right for 3 sessions! Woo Hoo!

In the last session a car had gone off in Big Bend and I forgot about it, I came around the first lap and slid both wheels out to the cone. Next lap I was moving thinking I was off the racing line a bit and did a full lock, knee down, slide of both wheels then the front hooked up. I did it one more time at a much lower speed and it still slid. Later in the lap I slid the front tipping into the Wagon Wheel and called it a day. Scary stuff. Always stop when the bike and the track tell you to :coocoo :coocoo

This video is of our first session of the day, took about 3 laps to quit sliding the Dunlops. Maybe I will try those Avons Leonard uses................

Click for KTM Video Bliss

Track Map

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Nice vid Doug :thumbup

In the last couple minutes I developed tunnel vision though :confused

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The camera is in an elastic sleeve, I did a wheelie, the camera slid back, so it is like looking out of a sock :lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Totally awsome doug:thumbup

So when are you going to start racing? :devious

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get video of the ass puckering 70 mph or so power slides in Big Bend. Racing might happen in a couple of years, maybe when I turn 50! :lol:devious :coocoo

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
They have an over 50 class as well as over 40 class:thumbup

Racing is huge fun, I'm sure you'd love it (and do well, but that's not really the point in amature racing imho).

:banana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts