TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
That corner & fence thing on the right about 35 seconds in looks SO much like the one in the video where the ZZR rider puts the brakes on, tank slaps into THAT corner & bounces off the bike :laugh

Mad ... some of those roads are too small & narrow - makes some of the roads around here look like motorways :eek

G

·
that sooo reminds me of my days on the SV650... :)

it's in France, and i'm sure i have done those roads before. I think it's somewhere between Nyons and gap, or maybe somewhere in the Vosges.

The SV is THE bike for those roads, much more fun than any supersport out there ;)

And by the way, that first rider is fast :yes :yes

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
i had to watch it to the end just to see if that guy lived or not.

wow. :eek:mg

·
Registered
911 Posts
Skills? All I saw was two idiots giving sportbikes a bad name. There's a time and place for that shit, but almost running two cars into walls is not cool.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
After riding N2Wheelies SV650, I have to conclude that they are great bikes and it is all too easy to do stupid shit on them. :D

That said, I find the video to be embarrasing. It shows two squids doing the wrong thing in the wrong place. Riding tight roads that are heavy with traffic like that and trying to sport around and go fast is just frustrating to me. It is far better to search out good roads and frequent them when the cars aren't, or better yet of course, do a track day. After doing just a few track days, it became crystal clear that much higher corner speeds can be attained, and that the kind of riding shown in the video is more of a measure of how big a bet you are willing to make with your (and others) life and limb on a highly changeable enviroment than rider "skill".

·
Registered
689 Posts
Eh, they were just having fun, we've all done bad things from time to time so why bash them? We all ride bike's, so we all know how easy it is to twist the throttle open, wether it's in the right place or not.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ahhhh, maybe 'cuz people start treating us like we are all idiots if they see people riding like that?

Like the member on this website that lives locally that stopped by one day to watch Llamacide & me work on Llamacide's forks. Seemed like a good guy but his TLS was just thrashed. We talked track days & he seemed very, very interested but the cost put him off. OK, how much do expensive speeding tickets set you back? OK, he says I will get out there by the end of the year, but maybe I need to do maintenance to my bike. Ahhh, yeah!

I get an email message from this member a few weeks later saying he removed the panels on his TLS to do maintenance & after he did a few things he decided to take it for a ride without the fairings (including license plate) on it. So he goes on a ride, can't control himself & gets a ticket for doing 100mph in a residential zone with a 35mph speed limit! Yikes. He wants me to show up in court with him to testify in his behalf. Ahhh what? He says that due to my race team wrenching background I should present myself in court as an expert in the tuning field. Since he got an aftermarket exhaust system & didn't remap his fuel injection mapping was off so the bike wasn't running right & he was forced to ride it faster/harder or it would stall. OMFG! My response? No thanks, I'm busy right now...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys i didnt say HEY LOOK AT THESE GUYS RIDING RESPOSIBLY...hahah and weather or not they are using poor judgement or not does not negate the fact that they can ride.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Sorry to bash, but I love riding and guys like this shit all over it when they pull this stuff in traffic. People like this will eventually get us all treated with a universally heavy hand by government. I for one do not want that.

One time I was at a conference in Santa Barbara for business. I was sitting outside at the Fess Parker's luxury resort with a bunch of lawyers, movers and shakers. Tony Snow was giving an address. He had to stop midway through and wait almost a minute as he was drowned out by two Loud Pipes Save Lives Harleys mindlessly blipping their throttles at a stop light nearby. It was an embarrassing moment to be a motorcyclist. I feel much the same about the guys in the video.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
I made some of my best videos on an SV650...

With FatKat from before the TLP days... Click Me
Through the mountains in VA... Click Me

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Keeping no distance :thumbdown
Overtaking like an idiot :thumbdown
Nice example in this video too. A car is overtaking another car. They go right behind it. When they overtake the same car there's a cyclist in front. If the car would not have looked and just pulled out to overtake as well it could be a horrible end for them!

Driving on the wrong side of the road when it suits: :thumbdown
The rest of the riding :thumbup

I mean, I can't tell how safe it was really. They probably knew the road and the condition of it. Besides the possible lack of overview I could ride like that (if there only where enough corners like over there) And ehm, I like smoother transitions then those.. if you would hit the throttle that abrupt on a TL I don't know how often that would go ok..

ps: Burncycle showing off with very cool twisty vids in the middle of the winter :thumbdown
;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts