TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
just thinking about replacing the battery on my tls. Thought about a direct yuasa replacement but noticed the motobatt equivilant can be had for about 50 pounds.
I did some searching and there are some very positive reviews both on here and other forums. There is also quite a lot of talk about some faulty ones albeit a while back.
So before I order one I just thought I would ask if anyone has bought one recently and whether they are still worth getting.
Oh and before anyone suggests no I can't afford the gel type which are more than double the cost. Just looking for something more suited to my occasional riding and strength in cranking the old girl.
cheers

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
For real cranking strength the best answer is the hugely expensive lithium battery.

Doesn't sound like you want to spend that kind of money so the motobat will probably do the job.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I dont know in depth details on lithium batteries.
But I did some browsing of my own for my TLS, for kicks.

Battery Tender brand of Lithium Battery seem to be the cheapest I found.
Little more then $100 for my TLS.
& all + reviews.

If thats a good one to use, its only a little more then the good acid batteries.

(edit)
and if the picture of the battery is correct.
Then it has 2 + & 2 - terminals.

Makes it easier & more tidy on the accessories

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
I've got an oddysee on my gsa which is at least 8 years old, but if it does fail I might go the motobatt route as it does as said above it does have four terminals, great for all the extrashit attached to my battery,

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
For real cranking strength the best answer is the hugely expensive lithium battery.

Doesn't sound like you want to spend that kind of money so the motobat will probably do the job.
Advantage of the hugely expensive lithium batteries is that if they fail for any reason within 3 years they are replaced :thumbup

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.for all.the thoughts. I did some.checking and the equivalent yuasa is only slightly less Cca than the motobatt. I am.on-site in London at the moment so will do some more checking around and see what my best options are.
For sure if I was still.doing 100 miles a day all.year I would go.the lithium route but my riding is now more for.pleasure than.a daily.commute.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Mine doesn't do a lot of miles now, for the last 3 years its been running on a 29.99 cheapo battery I picked up at the BMF, its left for months over the winter without charging and it's been fine,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts