TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use one of these they use on the bike? I got one to use on the TL and the mountain bike and embarrassingly I have no idea how it really works.

Its says to "clamp over housing and wire allowing an aerosol can to be connected."

Anyone have any pictures or pointers as I'm finding it hard to imagine how it fits onto my cable clutch or any of the cables on my mtb? :O

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Basically all those things do is pull the wire out & then cover it all up so you can spray oil down those little holes at the bottom there :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid

It does make a mess, but better than without the luber. You just undo the cable from the lever, clamp that thing on and squirt away, have plenty of rags around cause it will drip/splatter all over.

good luck

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
got one and like it. just wrap a rag around it when you squirt. nothing else works like it.
:thumbup

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I have that one. or...I had it. piece of crap imop, threw it away. I just use the supplied tip with the lube.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys...so the narrower end of the rubber is on the bottom so its like a funnel?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Narrow end seals up around the cable, fat end around the cable housing and in theory it should force the lube though the housing and out the other end.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
I have one and have no issues. Clamp on the end push cable tight and squirt. there is a double screw one that is decent too. like stated above, but you have to hold the nipple of the cable pushed into tight with the elbow. I always spray a few smal squirts first. Lets things work their way loose, then hold it open until it comes out the bottom of the cable. Always a good idea to have the sprocket cover removed to clean the mess up.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Plastic bag with some oil in it & a rubber band to secure it round the cable & hang it up over night. Perfect lubed cables.
Unless you cant take 'em off which is when you need these things.

But yes, they still make a mess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts