1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
WTF??? it's all good, up until the last 2 sentences...they writer needs a kicking

the supermoto link is pretty accurate tho :O

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking. But being a Wiki, some informed person should go fix it.

I mean, what about a long sweeping turn? Only 30mph?

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case it does get changed....this is what it said when I posted this.

Motard: Adj. A new word developed by Brooke Nutal. A motard is one who is acting beyond retarded (more than retarded).

other:

Motard / Super Motard:
An off-road motorcycle, "dirt bike," that has been modified with smaller diameter wheels. The purpose is to better work on asphalt and paved surfaces such as in urban areas, cities. Also a riding style where the rider sticks his/her foot out into the turn.(1) This style is frowned upon in the racing community because of it's lack of speed while taking turns. The maximum speed of a rider taking a turn in a motard riding style is 30 miles per hour.

See also [[Supermoto]]

References:

(1): Tourist Trophy, a riding simulator videogame for the Playstation 2.

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bah, my first wikipedia entry/edit. Done!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
"2)Motard A way of a motorcycle rider to slow down before making a turn(1). The rider sticks out his foot while travelling 30 mph while making the turn. Motard is a conjoined word meaning retarded motor. this means to slow the vehicle down."

WTF?

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, gotta love the wiki, already changed to something even more retarded.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I think it would make a nice addition telling that the smaller wheels are 17" and that they are used because sticky tires can be fitted to them.

·
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go ahead, that's what the wiki is for. Anyone can make additions and changes to the article. The hope is that with colaboration we can ultimately get a good concise thorough article in there.

P

·
0 Posts
And maybe mention that Supermoto was invented (I think) in France, etc etc.
and that it was invented in the 50tis or, or whenever (dont remember). Some youngsters think it's a new thing...

W

·
0 Posts
that would be belgium putte :) supermotard mekka! :hail

motard is french for motorrider by the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts