TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God knows how I got home on this ...

... but I guess it's time for a new tyre :eek

As you can notice, I seem to be doing more commuting than spanking on these tyres :rolleyes so the shoulders are still mostly unused. Seems a waste to use such great tyres when they're only get maybe 33% out of their useage. Dont get me wrong, I dig the Powers but I dont feel like I got the most out of them :)

So what's a good tyre that has better commuting performance & as good spanking potential? Pilot Power 2CT? Pilot Road?

Just check the mileage - if I'm reading my reciepts from the shop right (they're in Japanese) the Powers went on 34,101km & the odo now reads 46,121km ... 12,020km out of them :hmm is that good?

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
uhh....what's that in miles? :laugh I've heard good things about the bridgestone street tire being sticky and still getting good miles. :O Wouldn't want to rail it or do a trackday, but should be fine for the "sprited street riding" :laugh

-:banana

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:laugh 7,500mi IF I did that right ;)

Yes, I think I'm a 'spirited street rider' rather than pushing the limits ... I've got like 5mm chicken strips on the back - the little arrow on the edge of the tyre is unmolested but the little Michelin man is losing his head - and I got about a 15mm strip on the front ... I can never seem to get it less than that.

Those edge areas on the tyre where I'm cornering when riding 'spiritedly' are heat balling or whatever ... only a little though. Not like from track days. I'll never get on a track here as safety regulations require leathers ... which I dont have.

So it's mostly commuting, about 600km a week in all weather and a spirited ride through the mountains once a week when the weather allows. Which it wont soon :(

I was thinking that maybe the Pilot Roads would be better for my abilities ... maybe :) I'd like to stick with Michelin eh ...

Oh, do the 2CT's have a harder compound in the centre, or is it the same as the Power but with softer sides?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I was thinking that maybe the Pilot Roads would be better for my abilities ... maybe :) I'd like to stick with Michelin eh ...

Dont have a pick :coocoo , but i have a pilot road on my ass and i cant luv :jack it enough :laugh

I do a fair bit of commuting, and probably the same amount in the twisties, must have about 6000 km on em and they have at least that left in em :devious
Have alot of trust in them thru the twisties, and enough trust in them in the wet.
I will use them again - hope that helps :)

Beaza

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:laugh

they wear really well, and are very sticky at the same time :)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I've read good things about Pilot Roads, good mileage, great wet weather handling and plenty good sport handling capabilities for public roads.

I was going to get them but the shop didn't have the right size for the rear, so I got Dunlop Qualifiers. I'll have to wait and see what kind of mileage I get but, they handle really well.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys ... I went with the Power 2CT's in the end as the difference in price between Roads & the 2CT was like ¥4000 ... about 30 minutes wages on a good day :coocoo

Now I have no excuse for riding like your grandmother :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
I'm leaning toward the PP 2CT too.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HELLO-OOOOO two years ago! :laugh

The great thing about tyres - they don't last forever and they're not supposed to :laugh

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why cant they make tyres last longer? damned smart businessmen.:banghead

my conti race attacks have done about 1500kms (less than 1000 miles) and are half worn already :(

best tyres ever though. seriously. the pirelli corsa 3's were awesome. the contis are 10 times better still.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
HELLO-OOOOO two years ago! :laugh

The great thing about tyres - they don't last forever and they're not supposed to :laugh
Got me! :banghead

When you posted a link to this in my tyre thread, I thought it was a current one, didn't check the dates! :blush

Crash, don't knock necrophilia, I mean necroposting.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Well...old thread and all, I've been using road 2's for the last month.

I'm putting a set on my marchesini's for a trip, they're that good imop.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
And so we can finally say the Pilot Power 2CT is NOT harder in the centre, it is softer on the edges. It will not last longer than a "standard" Pilot Power.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I've been using the Power Race Medium's (road and track) - bugger all price difference between these and the 2ct's but much better grip and slightly more warning before they 'let go'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts