TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More Mods not tls related. house related pictures

Well, as you know if you keep up with things TLZ related, I sold the TLS for cheap.

The healing is on the agenda but since I have been siting for so long and doing nothing I decided to demolish a wall in the house. :devious

I want/need a wall entertainment unit for all of my stuff, HDTV, Xbox360, surround sound, DVD player, the wife's stuff, vcr etc.

With that in mind my dad and I started the process today.

Why, because this does not work for me.
Funny how the picture taken while standing makes the TV seem small. Actually anything bigger would be too big in our house I think.

This is where it will be moved too

First build a walkway over the stairs

The walkway will fold up, to the back stair-way wall, this will give me a walkway to change the bulb and allow full panel access from the back of the entertainment unit.

Then proceed with riping out the sheet rock.

This will go too hopefully before Christmas

Loads of work to get done before the new year. I will not have much income come the New Year so we need to do it now if I'm going to do it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks cool dell:thumbup

btw the TV looks big to me:)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up the lumber today to start helping dad make the cabinets.

Clue, finishing nails, 5 sheets of two sided 3/8 finished oak plywood $43.73 a sheet + tax :dowhat and saw blades = $274.00+ :eek

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
where's the tv?:laugh j/k!

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Working on the wall and the removal of the wall to build the unit.

A few more pics,

2x4's removed, remove ligt switch and outlets.

Don't fall.

Remove top piece of sheetrock

Hopefully tomorrow watch/help dad build the cabinet.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We finished removing the wall completely. We where able to save about three sheets of Sheetrock. Tomorrow I think we will start on the cabinets.

Today we pulled those three 2x4's
removed the sheetrock, after cutting through the baseboard,
take sheetrock down stairs
cut and build the floor base for the bottom self. It's about three inches off the floor.

Couple of hours of works and that's it. My dad works when he feels like it but he takes his time and it's a quality job everytime. I would be lost without pops. :hail

My dad at 71 years young is still fit enough to climb up a rope the Army uses for training over at the Jag school (DOD) my wife works at. I can't do that at half his age.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Made some more progress starting to come together a little at a time.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update Lot's of progress made today. Starting to take shape and form.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Got these in an email today and thought of this thread. A bit rougher than you Del, but looks ok from one side :laugh

Attachments

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...that cabinet is F'ing huge, what size is that screen?...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
looks good del :thumbup

and screen looks fine looks like a 42 inch same thing imma go shoping for on black friday for my room..

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Shopping on black friday:scared

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it's a 42 inch Samsung. I allowed room for the TV area up to a 50" JIC I wish to upgrade down the road. :devious

Both sides will have shelves for pictures, dolls etc. On each side we will have shelf space. All the wires will be concealed from the back side.

I can't have the kids yanking on the wires going downstairs. I'll upload more pics tonight.

We made quite a bit of progress last night.

I have not been on the Xbox 360 for a few days.

One reason is because of the wall unit and the other is because I returned to work today. I needed to get use to not playing for a few days.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Shopping on black friday:scared

yea i know its crazy did it last year for the first time it wasnt to bad..just get up at 2am stop a wawa get some coffee and go wait at local stores for them to open up at 4am..imma try bestbuy this year hope it isnt to bad a nut house going for a labtop and 42 inch plasma tv 1080i isnt to bad under a grand.:O

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Lookin' good, Del!

One piece of advice (if it isn't too late...) - My father-in-law took one look at my 60" TV and went out the next day and purchased the 50" version of the same one...Now when he comes over he laments the fact that he didn't spring for the bigger set. So, if you've got the space, I'd recommend leaving enough room for the 60.

My $.60 cents worth. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All I would have to do for a larger TV is remove a few shelves. I don't think my space is big enough for a 60" TV

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Ok, what is Black Friday :O

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Ok, what is Black Friday :O

Its the day after Thanksgiving here in America when the christmas season shopping really starts up.They have huge sales offering large discounts half off in most cases..Its usually starts at 4am and last till 11am or 12noon..Its crazy people wait in lines starting on Thanksgiving day and camp out all night to be first in line for great deals..It was once explained by and accountant that all years retailers are in the red due to somewhat low sales and when they break even or go into a profit it turns to black and that usually happens the friday after thanksgiving which is always on a thursday yearly thus naming it black friday..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts