TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the new bottom triple for my naked

It started life as a stock gixxer unit. the tag for the steering damper was removed, the triple dipped in caustic to remove the anodising and the casting marks removed by filing. I then cleaned up the worst of the scratches and file marks with a drill mounted sanding drum before passing it to a mate who does polishing.

Thi is what I got back. bloody awesome:hail.

So if anyone in oz wants an ultra shiny bike then PM me for his details . he's not cheap nor is he dear but man he's good!!:banana

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Mate, that is beautiful. Might have to give him a bell in the near future :devious. Where is he located Stu :O

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Keperra bout 100metres from me :devious

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
nice - briefly what his process to get that shiny/ in akward shapes

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has an assortment of different bench grinder mounted mops. and scotchbrite mops and just works it thru different mops and grits till you see the results

·
Registered
560 Posts
Looks excellent, sad to know that is a shine for one month :( polished duralu fades very quickly

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
polished duralu fades very quickly
half polished fades quickly, properly polished lasts well

Unless you have salt on the roads:banghead

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
this thread has the potential to turn into a full blow tech debate, then end up as a off topic post whore :)

seriosuly, just a bit of elbow grease then. I obviously lack patienec as found niggly bits really hard to get to same level of shine as easy bits!

but then just laquer to preserve shine right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts